• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!!! All photos taken in Lightroom Mobile are GONE!!!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so upset!  My Lightroom stopped syncing my mobile pics to my desktop...I had a TON of pics on my iPhone of my kids that I could not get to sync up to my desktop.  Lightroom kept saying I had a duplicate catalog....so it told me to delete the data on Lightroom Mobile...after several days of trying to remedy this, I went ahead and deleted the data...BUT the photos that where taken with my phone are now GONE!!!  I am sick about this...I had no idea that it would delete the images off my phone that where taken with lightroom...I did not realize that the data would be removed from my phone as well...is there ANY WAY TO RETRIEVE THESE IMAGES????  It seems like it would have told me that all photos on my devices would be deleted...this is a VERY bad flaw!

Any help on this...PLEASE??

Chad

[Moved from The Lounge​ to a more product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Try this thread One Man,

If they made it to the Cloud you may be lucky and Peter maybe able to help

Lightroom Mobile Photos Gone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to clarify...it did not tell me to delete data off Lightroom mobile, but Creative Cloud....I never assumed it would delete the pics off my phone as well...there was no warning at all...but I could not get the pics off my phone into lightroom...Am i hosed on this deal?  Are lightroom images not stored on the phone itself?  It must be because I was shooting raw and there was now way they could have uploaded them that quickly...I took pics this morning of kids with Santa...SO FRUSTRATING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whether it's a flaw per se, as much as that the interface could do with a better message and users could do with better understanding of what "sync" means.  "Sync" is a two-way process: what's added to your phone is added to your computer; what's added to your computer is added to your phone; what's deleted from one is deleted from the other.

You could try opening your computer's back-up LR catalog to see if the images are still there, or even run a file recovery tool against your hard drive.  On my Mac, sync'd mobile photos are stored in the "Mobile Downloads.lrdata" package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this thread One Man,

If they made it to the Cloud you may be lucky and Peter maybe able to help

Lightroom Mobile Photos Gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines