• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU ray-tracing not available in After Effects

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effect CC 2017 and I cannot activate GPU ray-tracing on my MacBook Pro. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB graphics card with a built in  Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. I recently installed the most recent CUDA driver (version 8.0.53) and I don't see after effects even recognizing the software. Here is what the dialogue box looks like:

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 9.29.59 AM.png

I am also unsure of what it means to not have enough memory for my GPU. I have no other programs and it will still say that.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means what it says - your card is unsupported and you can't do anything about it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot activate GPU ray-tracing on my MacBook Pro.

After Effects System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

but you should not worry about it, Ray tracing is dead, and CC2017 has the Cinema4D Renderer that does almost the same thing and works on the CPU not GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LMGeiser,

This may help: Enabling CUDA for Premiere Pro and After Effects in the MacBook Pro Retina

Let us know if that advice helps you with restoring ray traced 3D composition capability.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines