Exit

Accordion collapsing suddenly on Android Chrome

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a one page site here in staging:

Home

When viewed on an Android 7.0 device Chrome 55.0.2883.91, and you press the burger menu, the accordion opens, then suddenly closes. On iPhone, it stays open, which is what I want it to do. It should close when someone clicks the close "x". 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Hi all,

Please update to the latest version of Muse (2017.0.2) where this issue has been fixed.

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does stay open it my Android however its is 6.0.1 Chrome 54.0.2840.85 I will have to grab and check the same behavior in the 7.0 version device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok yes, you are right, it looks some issue with either Android 7.0 or chrome.

I have seen that it stays open if you long press on the accordion.

We will check this out and let you know if any bug is required to be logged.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just started happening for me too.

http://www.sentinelhomes.co.nz on Android chrome.

Samsung S7 Chrome 55.0.2883.91

Works fine on the Samsung browser, and desktop chrome with mobile inspector view

Any sort of easy patch or work around would be great. Not sure if I can wait for a muse update on this live site!

Ta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. We are investigating this issue. Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just changed my site to use a composition widget for navigation, thinking it would fix it.

It doesn't.

Looks like the issue is that the tap is somehow being treated as two taps, and its opening and closing because it thinks its getting two taps.

Please can someone write a bit of JS we can put in the head that temporarily fixes this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm that its making two taps.. If i move the close button away from the trigger, it works ok. But if the trigger is also set to close, or if the close button is on-top of the trigger, it opens and closes without staying open.

Any work arounds yet Adobe? This is a critical issue. It could have wrecked thousands of sites! Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problems. Problem with all android. And with all browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came looking for this problem.

My existing properties that were made with Muse all have this problem on Android as of a sudden.

Let me know when a fix is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

All of my sites that use the accordion are not functioning correctly in Chrome for Android (version 55.0.2883.91).

Have been furiously switching them out, but am finding it very difficult to acquire a replacement. This is very troubling since all of my sites are Muse based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

We regret the inconvenience caused and assure you all that the fix will be available in the next update till then could you please try the workaround mentioned in this doc - Accordion widgets collapses when viewed on Android OS and let us know if it works for you?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above fix doesn't work. It just breaks it on the iPhone. I tried the Accordion widgets collapses when viewed on Android OSa​ exactly and it breaks on iPhone.

Basically, it leaves the menu open on iPhone and won't let you close if you unselect "Can Collapse All".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that it did not work for you. The team is working on a fix, and it will be available in a future update. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The team has shared with us a temporary fix until an update with this fix is released. Please try it and let us know if it helped.

1. Download the .mulib file from this location: (https://adobe.ly/2jhRZIZ)
  2. Open the file in Muse by double clicking on it. This should add it as a library item.
  3. Drag this library file on master page or a child page, depending on where accordion issue is present(Note: While dragging the file please check that it should not overlap with any other page content frame)
  4. Re-export/publish the site again and accordion menu should work fine now.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran:

This seems to break on the iPhone. I touch the "hamburg" and it doesn't do anything. When I touch it three times, it finally opens.

Welcome to Hudson Small Engine

Let me know if you want my source file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get a free month of Adobe Creative Cloud for finding this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about the free sub, but I will check with the team about the iPhone issue to see if they can reproduce it.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck solving this? I can't figure out what the cause is for the life of me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue has been resolved. Please try the solution by Preran, which is marked as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, other users say that it messes up on iPhone if you use that fix, which is not an option for me. I will try it myself and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still not fixed - are there any updates? It's been a month since the last reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the issue still exists, the hotfix provided by Preran above worked for me. Its a pain but at least my clients are happy for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cave pirate:

Did you test it on the iPhone? The fix broke on my iPhone when I tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

So, the new fix seems to work somewhat. However, now I have to click around the hamburg/close button to get it to work. I can't click directly on it. This is both on the iPhone and newest Andriod. It works fine on the desktop.

Welcome to Hudson Small Engine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please update to the latest version of Muse (2017.0.2) where this issue has been fixed.

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines