• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metatags in Filename Template Editor only insert at the end instead of at cursor.

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Filename Template Editor you can place your cursor anywhere is the edit dialog.  Text typed at the cursor will be placed where the cursor is at.  The problem is if you pick one of the metatags and hit INSERT the metatag IS NOT placed at the cursor but at the end.   This makes editing the template very difficult as you essentially have to redo the whole template from scratch.  This happens in both import and in the rename in library.  This is a changed behavior in 2015.8.  Using OS X 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please repost this in the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  Adobe wants bug reports posted there, and product developers don't generally participate here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that on Sierra, Bob.  It does appear to work correctly on Windows 10 however.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk,

Will you submit a bug report to Adobe or should I post to the the Adobe Feedback Forum as suggested by John?  I would prefer if you would just submit it as you are on the "inside track"

I was using El Capitan instead of Sierra so it must be an Apple problem in general.

Thanks again for your confirmation of the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug is submitted. Normally, John's comment is correct to post them at the link he provided. I just happened on this while looking at a different thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

Thanks.  This thread may also be related to this problem in the Filename Template Editor as I think it is also a changed behavior in 2015.8.   The title should have been "NOT WORKING"  Could you check this one out. 

File Naming during Import now working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that one too but wasn't able to duplicate the behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't replicate the EXACT problem was having where the EXAMPLE was blank but there is a problem with any DATE type metadata showing up.

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 2.22.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk Flohr - CM wrote:

I noticed that one too but wasn't able to duplicate the behavior.

Here is my reproduction of the problem. Upon opening the import, the Sample is blank, then it eventually changes to "untitled" after I mess with the templates selection long enough.  The "Sample" is either showing blank or "untitled" no matter what template I am using. I eventually give up and execute the import and the resulting file names are what I asked for (not what the Sample shows) :

LRbug2.jpg

..Also, This capture is from windows 10 on a Surface pro 3. I have windows 7 on my desktop and it exhibits the same behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem with inserting Metatags STILL exists in Lr2015.9.    Do bugs EVER get fixed at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

This bug is still open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Rikk+Flohr+-+CM  wrote

Bob,

This bug is still open.

This is STILL not working in Lightroom Classic.  It was working prior to about Lightroom 2015.5 or so and hasn't been working since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rikk

The "problem with INSERT token always going to the end" is still broken in Lr Classic 7.2.  This is more of an irritating problem than a big problem but I wish Adobe would fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines