• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.8 Stand Alone for Mac Link

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have the link to the Mac stand alone desktop version of LR 6.8? Not looking for the CC update but rather the stand alone version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

The only way to update my stand alone from version 6.0 to 6.8 was to uninstall v.6, then install v.6 again and then install the update 6.8. Before taking this route I tried several times and always got error message U44M2P28: "Update failed". It now seems to be working OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here and expand the LR6 link:

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. But when I run the updater I get this message:

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 4.43.08 PM.png

The error log says this:

Lightroom CC (2015.8) / 6.8

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall the previous version first? That's a full installer, so the previous version has to be uninstalled.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sean,

The Error Code I get is U44M2P28. I'm trying to update Lightroom Standalone 6.0 to 6.8. Do I have to Uninstall the actual version 6.0 first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the forum search feature to search for that error code number. You'll find a number of threads that might help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean, actually I downloaded the patch updater from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom  not the full version.

But to answer your question, no I did not uninstall the previous version. Do I have to do that if I'm just running the updater?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No do not uninstall LR. The download you got should just be the Update not the full install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to update my stand alone from version 6.0 to 6.8 was to uninstall v.6, then install v.6 again and then install the update 6.8. Before taking this route I tried several times and always got error message U44M2P28: "Update failed". It now seems to be working OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I don't understand is why Adobe wont fix this issue? This problem has existed since the very first updater to version 6.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have the same problem; I have tried all the usual potential solutions on my iMac and nothing has worked. I have abandoned any notion of updating to LR 6.8 and will stick with 6.7 for now.

The refusal of Adobe to accept that this seems to be a problem with their installer is very disappointing. Overall Version 6 seems to have been a train wreck of large numbers for people.

To say I am unimpressed is a massive understatement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines