• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected error when opening catalog

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I upgraded to the latest version of Lightroom (6.8) yesterday morning and then used it and closed Lightroom. Later I opened Lightroom again and was called away from the computer. Microsoft then decided that it would automatically upgrade my Windows 10 to the latest release as I wasn't using the computer and when I came back to it it would not restart. I eventually had to restore my computer back to the last restore point, which was two or three days ago and before Lightroom was updated. Now I have "Unexpected error opening catalog" message when I try to open Lightroom. I have removed the lock file, but still have the error message. I cannot open Lightroom at all. I have tried downloading and installing the latest Lightroom version again. The screen tells me it has updated, but my Windows "Programs and Features" screen tells me I still have 6.7 loaded. Is anyone able to help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Hi richardg,

Please uninstall the Lightroom from your machine, restart and reinstall it from the creative cloud desktop and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richardg,

Please uninstall the Lightroom from your machine, restart and reinstall it from the creative cloud desktop and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I have uninstalled Lightroom but where do I go to download the software again please? The Creative Cloud desktop is asking me to join and for my payment details again but I have the desktop stand alone version. There is no link to reinstall software onto a repaired computer either from my account profile page or anywhere else as far as I can see. I can download a trial version, or I can download the full version - but do I download an upgrade or what? Please let me have the correct link and tell me what the procedure is to reinstall my Lightroom product. I do have my Serial Number for Lightroom 6.

Regards

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit

Further to my previous message, I have now found out how to download the Lightroom product without having to pay for it again, and have successfully installed Lightroom 6 and updated it to the latest version on my machine. When it opened for the first time it found that the catalogue needed to be checked for integrity, but all now seems to be ok and I am up and running again. Just as a comment, it would be useful to have an easy link on your website to a download procedure, together with step by step instructions on how to recover Lightroom from a system crash or to transfer it to another machine. I spent a long time searching for any information on this and eventually found a link to the procedure via another independent forum.

Regards

RichardG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi richardg,

We really thank you for all your efforts given in this issue and we would definitely pass your feedback to the team.

Thanks again for the update.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines