• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 mac, my filter dropdown to activate flagged files and starred files and coloured files, has disappeared in Develop mode. Can anyone tell me how to make it return?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom 6 on a mac, my filter dropdown to activate flagged files and starred files and coloured files, has disappeared in Develop mode. Can anyone tell me how to make it return? My cat walked over my keyboard and pressed a short key. Also the lower bar for the images seems different and larger and the images are a little cropped. Can anyone help?!

filter.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

I worked it out by backing up the Lightroom catalogue and then restarting the application whilst holding down the shift and option key (mac) which allows you to select reset lightroom preferences. This fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is missing in library and develop mode and the images on the bottom seem larger than they should be. Can anyone help?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My filmstrip images have somehow enlarged and are cropped and as a result the toolbar above the filmstrip is missing, not showing the filter on the right side. I also cannot hover over the top of the film strip to get the double arrow to enlarge or shrink the film strip. Please can anyone help Im totally stuck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hanson,

Can you try toggling the flimstrip off and back on, either with F6 or via Window > Panels > Show Filmstrip

You can also try pressing Shift-F a couple of times to toggle your screen view, and see if you can fix it by resizing the window.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks but that doesn't work. The filmstrip images are really big and seem to have cropped the filmstrip toolbar away and the ability to shrink or enlarge the filmstrip with the double arrows, as hovering over the top of the filmstrip does not make the double arrow appear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked it out by backing up the Lightroom catalogue and then restarting the application whilst holding down the shift and option key (mac) which allows you to select reset lightroom preferences. This fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my filter dropdown to activate flagged files and starred files and coloured files, has disappeared in Develop mode.

In the future, you can turn this toolbar on and off (called the Filter Bar) by pressing the backslash key (or having your cat press the backslash key).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The backslash key toggles the Filter bar at the top of the grid view, but doesn't have any impact on the display of the filmstrip filters (at least, no effect that I've been able to see). Hanson's UI was definitely screwy, with the top of the filmstrip being cut off like that. Sometimes resizing the windows forces a redraw of the UI, but seems that resetting prefs was needed in this case.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige wrote:

my filter dropdown to activate flagged files and starred files and coloured files, has disappeared in Develop mode.

In the future, you can turn this toolbar on and off (called the Filter Bar) by pressing the backslash key (or having your cat press the backslash key).

Well, reading this again, my answer is clearly wrong, the question was about Develop Mode, and the Filter Bar does not appear in develop mode.

The toolbar does appear in the Develop Mode, press T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but... That's also not what the original question was about - it's the bar embedded in the filmstrip, which has no keyboard shortcut to turn it on and off - as far as I know, it is always visible when the filmstrip is visible (F6 toggles the filmstrip):

2016-12-13_11-37-21 (1).jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hansonl28200515 wrote:

In Lightroom 6 on a mac, my filter dropdown to activate flagged files and starred files and coloured files, has disappeared in Develop mode.

See if it's related to the problem at the below link. The solution for now is to go to menu Window> and uncheck 'Show Tab bar.' It's only available and happening on OS X systems.

Filmstrip is covering / overlapping filter- and breadcrumb bar | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines