• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swipe rating gone LR iOS

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swiping up and down for stars and rating (pick/unpick) was one the main features I used in Lightroom mobile.

A year ago it was removed from editing screens and now its completely removed from the app without any notice in the release notes or iOS update information.

Any chance to bring it back? I know, Adobe never learns from customer feedback but it’s really important to me. So important that I just created an account I won’t use a second time.

Please. It’s christmas time.

Next time, ditch those awful annoying “moderators” from your conference.

Best regards

Chriz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Adobe posted information about the recent changes on the Lightroom Journal blog:

Announcing Lightroom for iOS 2.6

Qriz wrote:

Swiping up and down for stars and rating (pick/unpick) was one the main features I used in Lightroom mobile.

A year ago it was removed from editing screens and now its completely removed from the app without any notice in the release notes or iOS update information.

Yeah, they didn't mention removing it. But the ability to rate/pick hasn't gone away, it got reorganized. If you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have a problem with your app as it is all working as it should here on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. Tested on my iPad and you are right it works as previous.

I should have added that I mainly use an iPhone 6s plus. Can you test on an iPhone as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the iPhone, single photo, at the top it most likely says Edit with a dropdown arrow. Tap the arrow and choose Rate and Review, the stars and flag are at the bottom. Hope this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that. Can you swipe in that view? I can’t but previously could.

Moreover when I filter the view to hide rejected photos and accidentally reject a photo (buttons are really close – I miss swiping so much and it makes totally sense on a touch device) a can’t shake to undo—I have to tap ten times for the grid view and reenable all photos etc.

When I want to view my full image without any distractions I have to hide ratings and can’t rate.

In landscape orientation the bottom part where the filmrole keeps black and I have to manually zoom every picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have to admit I generally use the iPad for the tasks you describe due to the better size and mainly use the camera on the iPhone only.

I see your problem on the iPhone and hadn't realised it was as much of a problem, until you pointed it out! The times I have used it I haven't found it a problem, but what is ok for one person can be a problem for others, and I do sympathise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick and helpful replies. I will use the iPad as well for now.

iPhone is really handy and comes with a data plan and as it’s always with me, I can review on the toilet go. The previous versions of Lightroom mobile had benn a fantastic companion and I was never disappointed with an update. I hope I’m getting used to it or perhaps Adobe adds it again. Is there a place to vote for features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe posted information about the recent changes on the Lightroom Journal blog:

Announcing Lightroom for iOS 2.6

Qriz wrote:

Yeah, they didn't mention removing it. But the ability to rate/pick hasn't gone away, it got reorganized. If you are looking at a photo and use the header at the top to switch to the new Info window, rate/pick are there. If you keep it on the Info panel (see "New Info Section" in the blog post I linked to) you can move from image to image and the stars/flags stay visible so you can tap them. I don't know yet if there's a way to swipe like in earlier versions.

The reason iPad users aren't seeing the changes is that they haven't been implemented on the iPad yet. Again, from the blog post above: "The teams for both Lightroom for iPads as well as Lightroom for Android are also working on adding in the new edit and info experiences and we hope to release those updates soon."

Qriz wrote:

Any chance to bring it back? I know, Adobe never learns from customer feedback but it’s really important to me...Is there a place to vote for features?

There is a place, go to the Lightroom feedback site. Anyone can submit a feature request or bug report, and other users can vote up existing reports.

Also, while the iOS blog post doesn't show this, the release notes for desktop Lightroom updates on the same blog link the listed bug fixes back to their originating reports on the customer feedback site...so they do respond to customer feedback. In the comments for the iOS 2.6 release post, there are people discussing the changes and Adobe directly responded to quite a few of the comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link to the feedback site—keeping my fingers crossed.

Let’s also hope that the iPad version stays in the current state for a long time.

You should really try to actually use both versions—you will notice immediately that the workflow is slowed down a lot.

Same in editing mode. I admit that it looks very clean and good but the previous way of swiping up down for selecting tools was faster and more accurate. Now you “waste” a lot of screen estate for the tools (no true fullscreen images) and even on my ridiculously large iPhone 6s Plus I need to scroll down to adjust colors.

I think I can live with a lot of changes and will adapt my workflow to the new way but to be honest in the recent month I thought about how much time I spend with adaption and not creation. 10 years ago software was the limitation of my imagination. In these days we were happy when Photoshop finally allowed more then 100 layers. Nowadays every product is so refined and perfect that every bigger change is a pain for some longtime customers. I think I would be more productive if I stoped updating from CS6 and just use it. Today I pay 800 € (~$ 1000) a year for minor changes and big hurdles (installation problems, activation errors, slow sync and high cpu usage …).

I am still hoping for the best—I think Adobe has a big update coming up as we are close to 2017 and still use Lightroom 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you in preferring rating and flagging as they were before. On the other hand, on the iPhone we can now edit titles and captions. Overall, that seems a 2 steps forward, one step back, but still positive.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really use titles and captions on your photos? I only use them occasionally and as I’m the slowest typist on a phone, I never missed that feature. But sure, good to have. Tags would be great if I could spray them quickly.

I use Lightroom mobile for three things:

• playing and processing, creating looks (10 % of the time): still works, but slower (I think I can adjust to the new workflow and get fast again)
  • showing picutres (20% of the time): works fine
  • sorting and rating (70% of the time): broke

I want to use my mobile tools to get things done at least as fast as on my Mac or with some other convenience like taking everything with me in my pocket. Rating was so quick and fun to use in the previous versions that I even convinced a Capture One user to take a look and use it for selection. Unfortunately the last update went in the wrong direction for my workflow so I will use the iPad as long as it’s not being updated and than switch back to Mac only use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have preferred to have the captioning on the iPad rather than the iPhone! I said earlier, I tend to use the iPad most of the time.

I really hope now, after playing around and reading the posts etc, that they don't copy all the iPhone changes across, by all means add the captioning etc. but leave the rating/flagging as it is. I don't know if you have any pull in this direction -  Conrad C

I know they have their reasons for the changes, but they don't always make sense to the rest of us. Maybe it is a start of journey to better things, and the final destination will be something better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alfred Pennyworth wrote:

I know they have their reasons for the changes, but they don't always make sense to the rest of us. Maybe it is a start of journey to better things, and the final destination will be something better?

While neither of us know the final destination, you are probably on the right track. For the first version of Lightroom Mobile they needed a simple starting point which could accommodate the initial set of features, but since they (and we) wish Lightroom Mobile would do a lot more, as they fill out their long-term vision it's necessary to rearrange things from time to time. If enough people let Adobe know that they loved swipe-to-rate, maybe Adobe will keep it in their future plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alfred Pennyworth wrote:

I would have preferred to have the captioning on the iPad rather than the iPhone! I said earlier, I tend to use the iPad most of the time.

Me too. But now it's on the iPhone, it's probably a matter of time before it's on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Qriz wrote:

Do you really use titles and captions on your photos? I only use them occasionally and as I’m the slowest typist on a phone, I never missed that feature. But sure, good to have. Tags would be great if I could spray them quickly.

I use Lightroom mobile for three things:

• playing and processing, creating looks (10 % of the time): still works, but slower (I think I can adjust to the new workflow and get fast again)
  • showing picutres (20% of the time): works fine
  • sorting and rating (70% of the time): broke

I want to use my mobile tools to get things done at least as fast as on my Mac or with some other convenience like taking everything with me in my pocket. Rating was so quick and fun to use in the previous versions that I even convinced a Capture One user to take a look and use it for selection. Unfortunately the last update went in the wrong direction for my workflow so I will use the iPad as long as it’s not being updated and than switch back to Mac only use.

Like you I mainly use mobile to rate and flag, and show pictures, though in about equal percentages, but I do caption and title every photo using LrDesktop. I'll continue to do the vast bulk of that captioning on my PC or Mac, but occasionally it's very handy to change something or correct a typo when I am away from my desk. I liked doing it from my laptop using lightroom.adobe.com, and now it can be from my iPhone too, so I do see this feature as very useful. Yes, I prefer the previous way to rate and flag, though it's not actually broken, just more prosaic, and the title and caption features were long overdue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed this as well when moving to my phone.  This is a horrible change.  Swiping to rate was perfect.  I have to focus more on touching a flag than photo details if I want to move quickly through a set.  Please do not break the swipe rating on the iPad. At least offer an option to enable, the code is already there.  I could use that option on my phone as well, touching tiny flags is a real pita.

Note: at least on the phone when horizontal the flag rating box covers a decent portion of the photo, so I need to tap to see the whole photo, tap again to rate... wha?! Lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swipe-To-Rate was added back to the Rate and Review mode, in today's update of Lightroom Mobile.

Here's the Lightroom Journal blog post:

Lr Mobile Update: Raw HDR capture mode for iOS and Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often need to batch flag / rate from grid screen  . Cumbersome to do so individually and can’t seem to find method to multiple pics  to flag/star LRCC (iOS) ... is this possible ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wrote

I often need to batch flag / rate from grid screen  . Cumbersome to do so individually and can’t seem to find method to multiple pics  to flag/star LRCC (iOS) ... is this possible ?

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines