Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom start with default settings

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Soft : Lightroom 6.5, Windows 10, recent hardware.

Almost daily my Lightroom starts with default settings. This means that my library is empty, by default within "My pictures", that I receive once more the tips, ... as if I installed the damned program for the first time. Only my presets remain in place - wich seems to be logical as they are installed correctly. I can turn off the tips once more, open once more the last catalog I used before shutting down the program (and laptop). After that I can work normally however from time to time I get a non-responding message (waiting and being patient helps here).

I have tried the Lightroom CC trial for a few days, but the problem remains.

Does anyone have an idea for what's causing this problem ? And ... does anyone have a solution ? I already cleaned up my library, reduced the quantity of pictures in it. Nothing seems to work. Wonder why LR keeps lossing track of it's recent past !

Thanks for your reply / solution.

Friendly regards,

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Just to be 100% sure, you have to open the proper catalog (not the empty one) and then set this option. I assume you did that, please confirm.

If you did, then it sounds like there is something wrong with your preference file. You could try renaming or deleting it, and see if the problem goes away. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations---lightroom-6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Please update to the latest version of Lightroom following Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Please update to the latest version of Lightroom following Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date and let us know if that helps."

The moment I installed the Lightroom CC, it was the (latest) trial directly from Adobe. And the problem remained (otherwise I would have subscribed for the photographers-option, Photoshop and Lightroom).

I can give it another try with the new Lightroom CC 6.8...

Could it be an issue with the catalog ? Because I have been loading my catalog into the CC trial version (although CC converted it).

Friendly regards,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not an issue caused by LR CC, obviously you had the problem before, and LR CC is the exact same software as Lightroom 6, just the licensing is different. Nor is there any difference between LR CC catalogs and Lightroom 6 catalogs. So that's not it.

I believe it is your preference file that needs to be deleted, as I explained above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Lightroom Preferences, click on the General tab, and next to "When Starting Up, Use This Catalog" change the setting to "Load Most Recent Catalog".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Go to Lightroom Preferences, click on the General tab, and next to "When Starting Up, Use This Catalog" change the setting to "Load Most Recent Catalog"."

Been there, done that, didn't resolve the problem. Thanks anyhow for the reaction, surely worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be 100% sure, you have to open the proper catalog (not the empty one) and then set this option. I assume you did that, please confirm.

If you did, then it sounds like there is something wrong with your preference file. You could try renaming or deleting it, and see if the problem goes away. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations---lightroom-6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed 🙂

If you did, then it sounds like there is something wrong with your preference file. You could try renaming or deleting it, and see if the problem goes away. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations---lightroom- 6.html

Just done - LR took some time to relaunch for the first time but it did started "regurlary". So let's wait and see what happens the next days - I use it on daily base so I will be back soon with the final resultst of this action. But - as told - looking good at the first sight 🙂

Many thanks,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'm happy for now too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey all,

After resetting the preference file, my LR-problems are no more than a "bad memory" - they are completely gone.

Thanks for your tips and help  !  🙂 🙂

Happy holidays, season's greetings,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines