Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This file is not supported....

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ive been using Lightroom all day. Now, for no apparent reason, it is telling me that the RAW format is not supported. I also noticed that when re-starting lightroom the picture has changed from 'the purple flower' to a picture of a forest.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Thanks dj.

I have spent the last 2.5 hours in the Chat. Have de-installed and then re-installed LR6. I then ran the update to LR6.8 and this time it installed properly and everything is working fine.

Found my 'key' in 'My Adobe'...............didn't know that........learning every day.

Problem was caused by a 'conflict' that could only be resolved by de-install and re-install and then the update.

The conflict had reverted my LR6 back to the 1st version, which is not compatible with the RAW from my D

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us exactly what camera make and model took the photo in question.

Also, please go to Help->System Info and report back the exact version NUMBER of Lightroom that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I am using Lightroom version: 6.0 [1014445]

This has happened after trying to install an update, which failed.

I have a D500. However I have imported and worked with pictures, Lightroom was working fine.

I think the 'update' has put me back a few versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried the update again and I get the following error:

Lightroom CC (2015.8) / 6.8

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

I have 'stand alone' Lightroom 6. Running it on a Mac Book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my other answers.

Just downloaded the update directly from Adobe and tried to install it again.

Also following the instructions as stated here:

"Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates

Still isn't working.

I updated from LR5 to LR6 a while ago. I do not have a CD to install it again (if I choose to follow the de-install and re-install route).

I have no idea what my licence key is etc etc..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what my licence key is etc etc..........

This is a major issue and if I were you, I'd make sure you get this resolved, and develop a method of keeping track of all of your software's serial numbers (not just Lightroom)

Find your serial number

Your installation of Lightroom 6.0 will not work with the RAWs from the D500. Until you get this upgrade to work, those photos cannot be used in any way inside of Lightroom. You need to install Lightroom 6.5 or later, but obviously there has been an error. There are a lot of possible solutions at "Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates , have you tried them all? You might also want to post about this installation issue only in the DOwnloading, Installing, Setting Up forum Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks dj.

I have spent the last 2.5 hours in the Chat. Have de-installed and then re-installed LR6. I then ran the update to LR6.8 and this time it installed properly and everything is working fine.

Found my 'key' in 'My Adobe'...............didn't know that........learning every day.

Problem was caused by a 'conflict' that could only be resolved by de-install and re-install and then the update.

The conflict had reverted my LR6 back to the 1st version, which is not compatible with the RAW from my D500.

Thanks for you help anyway.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines