• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrap in Indesign pdf forms

Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do make the text to wrap -in the text fields- when i create an interactive pdf form using Indesign CS6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

You can tick Multiline in the Buttons and Form dialogue box in InDesign, and you can also do it in Acrobat. (You have to set the size of the text box to be large enough for more than one line!)

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 10.49.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can tick Multiline in the Buttons and Form dialogue box in InDesign, and you can also do it in Acrobat. (You have to set the size of the text box to be large enough for more than one line!)

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 10.49.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek, my i also ask (cause u seem to be "the guru" 🙂  ) how do i center text on the text field? All text seems to be positioned left, in my case i want to be able to align it center, is it possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat, within Form editing, double-click a form field to get to Text Field properties; go to the 4th tab called Options; and the first drop-down box is Alignment where you can choose Center.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you don't like post-production fixes in Acrobat, there is

FormMagic – Id-Extras: InDesign Scripts, Tips & Solutions

and related to it

Using FormMaker to Add Validation Scripts to a PDF Form in InDesign – Id-Extras: InDesign Scripts, T...

These plugins help fill in the shortcomings of InDesign's form field generation.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So IndesignCS6 alone does not have the ability to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am trying to create an online form from Indesign, but with boxes like the screenshot below. I tried creating a table so that each letter/number that is typed in the form is in its own block, but it doesn't work. PLEASE HELP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines