• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015.8 not reading Canon 5dmk iv raw files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is scaring me currently. Trying to edit a wedding that I shot 50% with the new Canon 5dmk iv, I've updated LR and CR and PS, however LR is still displaying a dirty big exclamation mark in the top right of the image preview saying

"Lightroom has encountered problems reading this file. You will not be able to make adjustments to this photo."

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?

Cheers

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Does the special note at the link below have any thing to do with your problem.

Working with Canon Dual Pixel raw CR2 files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the 5D4 and everything is working fine. Have you copied the files from the CF card to a folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah everything is on a NAS drive (just my workflow)...everything is up to date. The only thing I can think of is the extra big raw file option...i might have switched that on and i think thats whats doing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try shooting a few test shots in Raw e.g. not mRaw or sRaw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the special note at the link below have any thing to do with your problem.

Working with Canon Dual Pixel raw CR2 files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NICK.THAKE wrote:

Lightroom is scaring me currently. Trying to edit a wedding that I shot 50% with the new Canon 5dmk iv, I've updated LR and CR and PS, however LR is still displaying a dirty big exclamation mark in the top right of the image preview saying

"Lightroom has encountered problems reading this file. You will not be able to make adjustments to this photo."

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?

The dirty big exclamation mark, and the error message you report, indicates that the file is corrupted somehow, and cannot be used. You probably ought to restore the photos from your backups, and/or try importing this photo again from the camera card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions/ comments. I'm not confident the files are corrupt as I can still open them no problem in photoshop...I reckon DdeGannes has hit the nail on the head and I am currently turning this feature off! Too many steps in wedding photography...wish I had read that before! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about that! Learn something new every day! Even when I'm trying not to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the power of forums huh! thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try using the Canon DPP software. If the files can be read, you can export a batch as tiffs and import those into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines