• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

offline download install will not start Windows XP (32 Bit version)

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

i am using an old laptop with Windows XP (32 Bit version), and in the last time things get difficult with updating and functioning.

So my latest problem is, that flash player doesnt work anymore, so i wanted to install the "latest" update, that run under my old engine.

I have downloaded the offline version for flash player 23 for firefox (43.0.1) and when i double klick on it nothing happens. So i deleted the old version (probably v19). But still nothing happens, and now i am stranded with no flash player at all.

So would be great if anybody could help me.

THX Achim

[moderator: Edited title to more accurately reflect the problem]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Check installer properties to ensure it isn't blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and by the way i tried also to deactivate my antivirus programm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Service Pack, if any, do you have installed on XP?

The online installers are signed using a sha256 certificate which is only supported on Windows XP with Service Pack 3.  If you don't have Service Pack 3 you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, but there is no guarantee that it'll work, due to the same reason.  You're best option is to upgrade to a newer supported (by Microsoft) operating system, or at minimum, if not installed, install Service Pack 3 (if you can find it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@divya: after the hint by iflame the installation started, but there was some initialising error. But finally the link at the Installation problems at the buttom worked. So i got it done, with the help of you guys (with Service pack 2).

Thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check installer properties to ensure it isn't blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am really ashamed, but you were right, it was blocked in the properties. Sorry. But thx for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines