Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4D render shadow catcher

Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The option to set Accept Shadows to only, is not available in the new Cinema 4D render mode.

Does anybody know any tricks for creating a shadow catcher when in that render mode?

Thanks,

Jakob Wagner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Ah, I misunderstood. Though I would guess that it's not really possible. For all intents and purposes this stuff is like a v0.3 Beta and far from complete. Bringing over the render flags and multipass stuff from C4D no doubt will take several more iterations.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what the render tag in cinema 3D is for. Read up on it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about rendering in cinema 4D. But rendering inside AE 2017 with the new cinema 4D render mode. Like classic or ray-traced but C4D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I misunderstood. Though I would guess that it's not really possible. For all intents and purposes this stuff is like a v0.3 Beta and far from complete. Bringing over the render flags and multipass stuff from C4D no doubt will take several more iterations.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a little early. I know, I was just playing around with it to find possible uses for it.

I'm exited to see where they are taking this.

Thank you for answering.

- Jakob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there's a way to get the shadow catcher if you precompose the 3d scene and use one with a white solid with the shadow as the only layer in the precomp, and the duplicate of that precomp with all the rest... think of as creating a shadow pass.

now in the master comp use the shadow comp in multiply.

you can make this setup more elegant using master properties. this way it's the same precomp with one instance with the shadow pass and the other with just the object.

here's an example:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n9mrqcNGt1VMJW_HzvbvQ3L7I4lxuW9m/view?usp=drivesdk

C4D_Renderer_Shadow_Catcher.aep - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines