Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp on Mac OS??

Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can RoboHelp 2015 can be Installed on the Mac OS?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows only I'm afraid. I know several people who use parallels and install RoboHelp there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone suggest parallel ways to install RoboHelp 2015 on Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe "Parallels" is a software application that you install on a Mac that allows you to then install Windows. You may want to find a Mac forum or do some google searching for "Parallels" and perhaps you will find more information there.

As I understand it, Parallels installs as an application inside the Mac operating system. From there, you open a window that runs the Windows operating system so you can install and operate Windows applications such as RoboHelp.

Another alternative is something called "Boot Camp". With Boot Camp, you choose at the time you are booting up your computer which operating system you want to use. From that point forward you are either in Windows or the Mac operating system entirely.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

VMWare Fusion is another solution. Works much the same way as Parallels...it allows you  to run a Windows VM inside your Mac. The advantage of BootCamp, however, is that you boot either completely into Mac or Windows...and if you're running a resource-intensive app on the Windows side, then BootCamp may be a better option. It all depends on your usage scenario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp