• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air 23 SDK - status bar appears when showing soft keyboard

Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our app is fullscreen, but when compiling the app with Air SDK v23, the status bar pops in when the soft keyboard opens. It stays onscreen after the soft keyboard is dismissed, until the user swipes it away. Is this intended behavior? Can it be disabled? (Edit: This is an Android 6 device)

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just asking again to see if this is actually a bug or if it's expected behavior - maybe there's something new we need to do because of Immersive mode to prevent this behavior, etc. If it's a bug I can file a bug report.

(Edit)

This post on stackoverflow describes the issue and might have some useful info

Android Immersive Mode - Status bar appears when soft keyboard appears but not hidden back when soft...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening in the released version of Air SDK 23. Is this expected behavior, or is there some method I'm supposed to use to get rid of the status bar in fullscreen mode that I'm not aware of? This version of the SDK fixes a critical issue for us on Android, so we are very eager to release a build with it, but we can't because our UI goes to the top of the screen and doesn't work with the status bar there. Is this on any internal list of issues to address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

We tried reproducing the problem with a sample project using AIR_23.0.257 on Nexus 6P (Android 6.0) but we are unable to reproduce the issue at our end.

If this issue is device specific at your end?

It would be very helpful if you can share a sample project with us so that we can further look into the problem.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens on Galaxy S6/S7 and it happens any time the keyboard is opened, in any app with a StageText that allows you to input text.

You can put something like this in your "Main()" ... you will see it.

private var _stageText:StageText = new StageText();

public function Main()

{

_stageText.viewPort = new Rectangle(20, 0, 800, 100);

_stageText.stage = this.stage;

_stageText.fontSize = 30;

_stageText.text = "Edit me";

_stageText.addEventListener(Event.CHANGE, onTextInput, false,0,true);

It happens on other devices as well, but if you're developing something for Android and have an issue on Galaxy S6/S7, it doesn't really matter if you don't see that issue on a Nexus device.. although actually someone has reported the navigation buttons staying onscreen in addition to the status bar, on a Nexus 5.

Bug#4184348 - Status bar appears when soft keyboard opens and then stays indefinitely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We will investigate it further and will let you know about our findings.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has started happening for me too. The big problem is that it stops the softkeyboard pan behaviour from working. I wonder if this is due to an Android update as it's happening to me on AIR 20.

I'm using Galaxy S6.

Please investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't occur on previously published apps of mine so perhaps it is not an Android update issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: With Air 20 I am getting the issue when I do a standard compile to phone. I don't get it when I do a debug compile or when I create a production version. I've giving this info incase it gives clues to what might be causing the issue in Air 23 which I'm going to be moving up to.

Perhaps this fixed issue in Air23 has something to do with it? (Air 23 beta release notes):

[Android] Full screen display states must use immersive mode on Android 4.4+ (4100625)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see bug Bug#4191471 - setAspectRatio() hides iOS 10 statusbar  too. There seems to be a problem with the statusbar on iOS 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deesharm any updates on this subject? We need a fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have investigated the issue and are currently working on the same. We will notify you once we have something concrete to share.

Thanks,

Ankit

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's good to support immersive mode - but it just doesn't seem ready yet and probably could use some things added to the AS3 API in order to really make use of it properly, and definitely developers will have to update their apps to support it.

For anyone else checking this thread, in the meantime, we're mitigating this issue by using <fullScreen>false</fullScreen> only on Android, and calling this Java code in an ANE, at app startup and when the layout or app status changes. This gives us (mostly) the same behavior we had with previous Air versions - (mostly) no status bar, no status bar loitering after the keyboard is dismissed, and persistent navigation buttons on devices that use them.

View decorView = getActivity().getWindow().getDecorView();

decorView.setSystemUiVisibility( View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN );

ActionBar actionBar = getActivity().getActionBar();

if(actionBar != null) {

actionBar.hide();

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to amend what I said above - this is a barely acceptable workaround that works on some phones but is broken on others; so, it would be great if this could be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also blocked on this and very much hoping for a fix before we do our next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wasn't able to edit my post above - that approach turned out not to work, either.

We're able to get rid of the status bar & nav bar, and have acceptable immersive-mode behavior with fullScreen set to true and calling the following native code frequently around state changes and opening / closing the keyboard:

View decorView = getActivity().getWindow().getDecorView();

decorView.setSystemUiVisibility(View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_STABLE

| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LOW_PROFILE

| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_HIDE_NAVIGATION

| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_FULLSCREEN

| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION

| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN

| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_IMMERSIVE);

ActionBar actionBar = getActivity().getActionBar();

if(actionBar != null) {

actionBar.hide();

}

We still see the status bar overlapping our UI in most cases while the soft keyboard is open which is annoying. In any case, AIR should be taking care of this rather than having to call into an ANE just to get something close to the behavior users expect.

We haven't heard too many updates from you guys lately. Anything you can share about upcoming releases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you let us know if there is any sort of timeframe for a fix for this issue. My main problem is that it prevents textfields panning so users can not see the text they are entering when entering text into a series of textfields (a registration form).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this issue as well with Air 23. I've recompiled with Air 22 and it does not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue when compiling on AIR22 or higher with the "Navigation Menu Bar" at the bottom (NOT the status bar at the top -> so the bar with the "triangle, circle and square"), see Apache Flex Users - Layout broken in AIR 23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing this issue as well - so apparently they are two separate issues even though they happen in similar circumstances.

I see this bug is now marked "NeedMoreInfo" - does this mean you guys are still waiting for feedback or assistance from us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Layout is broken with AIR 23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, we have the same issue and additionally there is another related problem: when running AIR 23 app on devices with software buttons, stage.fullscreenWidth and stage.fullscreenHeight parameters have wrong values, as if Android buttons panel would be visible. So if device screen is 1280x800 then stage.fullscreenWidth and stage.fullscreenHeight have values of 1280x736, which is not true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing cases where the whole stage is being cropped to the smaller rectangle (that would be the visible area if the nav bar was there), even when the nav bar isn't there. The stage's background color shows up in the bottom area where the content isn't visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i also can confirm that we have such issue on Samsung S6 and S7 phones. Any ETA when fix could be expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also getting this and another related problem with Air 23 and Air 24 beta (not Air 22)

Nexus 5, Android 6.0.1

* When stageText is show, the system bar (back, home, apps list) is shown, and instead of being transparent, it has an opaque black background, but the app does not get a resize event, so vital parts of our UI are covered, and we have other issues cause by not resizing. There seems to be no way of dismissing it other then leaving the app and coming back to it

* I think the above issue is not present in Air 24 beta, but the app simply get's the wrong dimensions and so our UI is drawn incorrectly (completely unacceptable behavior). Leaving the app and coming back does not affect this issue.

Until this is fixed, we will be unable to upgrade passed Air 22, and we need Air 23 for other bug fixes. Please correct this ASAP

BTW- Is there a bug for this we could track??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines