• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom catalog backup issues after 2015.8 update

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to Lightroom 2015.8, every time I exit Lightroom and backup & optimise my catalog, I always get the message that my catalog is more than 4GB.

However, my .lrcat file is super tiny. What's the go? Anyone else with similar problems? Am I missing something else here?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

There is a bug that causes the warning to show, BUT, the catalog is compressed. I just discovered this myself. The thing to do is check the box "don't show again" and you will no longer be aggravated by an unnecessary warning.

Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug that causes the warning to show, BUT, the catalog is compressed. I just discovered this myself. The thing to do is check the box "don't show again" and you will no longer be aggravated by an unnecessary warning.

Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just checked some old backups and they also are zipped as well.

Why is this message popping up after the update though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Mac OS X thing and doesn't happen on Windows of any version. It is a false warning, especially if your catalog really isn't 4GB in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please refer to the documented article here Unable to back up the catalog in Lightroom CC for a workaround to this issue.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe LR could fix the bug?  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jaylaphotography,

Please update Lightroom to 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the fix for Lightroom: Erroneous warning message on Catalog Backup | Photoshop Family Customer Community

refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines