• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collage disappears

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a collage in the lightroom print module. I closed lightroom CC and returned later but all the frames were empty. Turns out you have to have the collection in which the prints for the collage are stored must be in the film strip below. Two days later after opening and closing other catalogues I went to retrieve the original collage and the frames are empty and the collection is in the film strip below. How do I get my collage back?  and then if I do, how do I save it for editing, I know about making a jpeg, I need to be able to edit the original layout with the photos in the collage collection I made.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Create a Saved Print. That will preserve the layout and your images in a specific collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a Saved Print. That will preserve the layout and your images in a specific collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made an exported print. What is a "saved print?"  I see no new collections  in the list of collections. Sorry - do not quite understand... thanks for your replay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you design a custom layout for a print collage, you can do two major things-

1. Create a "Saved Print" by clicking on the tab above the window. This saves the print design AND the photos you have used as a Collection in the Collections panel. You can return to the same print at any time, or add other photos to this collection to use the same layout

ScreenShot013.jpg

ScreenShot016.jpg

2. Save the layout as a template (for later use). This template will appear in the "Template Browser" panel and can be used with any photos you select from the Library.

ScreenShot014.jpg

ScreenShot015.jpg

So to create prints in future you can select photos, select the template (you created) and print to printer or print to JPG as you wish.

Creating a template like this is useful for designing your own Book Pages when you want a collage that is not available in the Book page templates.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I regularly, randomly, have this problem even though I always use a saved print. I have no idea why it happens and it is infuriating. Sometimes when I leave the saved print (generally to find and add another photo) and come back, all of the pictures have disappeared from the frames even though they still show up in the filmstrip, and I have "use all filmstrip photos" selected in the dropdown and "no filter" selected.

What else can I try other than working in saved prints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines