• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish to iOS, refresh devices freezing

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an issue.  I'm working on getting my game onto iOS, quite a bit of hoops to jump through to do that.  >.<

I've run into a problem, whenever I go to publish to iOS from Adobe Animate, after I've entered the certificates and everything, I click "install application on the connected iOS device" and then I click "refresh" to see my device, Animate freezes and is permanently frozen with the mouse displaying the loading cursor.  It will not unfreeze and the iPhone never shows up in the list of devices consequently.  However, if I disconnect the devices while it's frozen, Animate will instantly unfreeze.

Just to reiterate, this is BEFORE I ever get to click "publish", it is happening when I click the "refresh" button.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?  Needless to say, I need this to work.  The device is an iPhone 5.  I'm new to the Apple world, is there perhaps some "developer mode" setting I need to go into on the phone that could be causing Animate to freeze up?

Thanks,

Robby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen similar things. My theory is that AIR is picking up old information about devices it once saw. A related issue is where the name of the device is incorrect, and may be showing someone else's device name, who are somewhere else in the building at the time.

At times like that I will just publish the IPA file and drag it onto my device in the Devices window of Xcode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comment.  Hmm... If AIR would be picking up old device information, your saying it's likely a problem with Animate and not the iPhone?  I've never attached any other iPhones to my PC ever before though.

Maybe I've got this all confused..  Do I have to be on a Mac to publish to an iPhone from Animate?  I'm using a Windows computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this just got even more frustrating..  I bought a used Macbook off of eBay to do some testing with...  I've tried using it to export to my iPhone instead of my Windows computer, and the EXACT same thing happens..  Is there something that needs configured with the phone?  What is the deal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

I checked with the product team, and they are unable to investigate it.

I suggest contacting customer support for further investigation. Do mention this post when you call.

Contact us | Adobe

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines