• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro: Combine Two Pages Into One

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a single PDF file with two pages in it. I'd like to combine those two small (3.25 x 2 in) pages into a single page.

How do I do this?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

I had no idea what PDF imposition was until your comment and the website from your link is unclear. Here's a good explanation:

Also, the product you suggested is $1,200 -- prohibitively expensive for my purposes. Here's my very inexpensive work-around:

1. Using Adobe Acrobat, using the drop-down menu, I selected "View/Page Display/Two Page View".
  2. Used Acrobat's zoom feature to get the desired size.
  3. Used a screenshot too

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print the file to the Adobe PDF printer using the Multiple option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing a PDF to the Adobe PDF printer is almost always a bad idea, and only should be used when you are fully aware of all the side effects. See here for more information: http://www.gwg.org/wp-content/uploads/RefryingPDF.pdf

The only method to retain the quality of your PDF file and have full control over how the two pages are arranged on the sheet is to use an imposition application.  My tool of choice is Quite Imposing: http://www.quite.com

There are other options - some way more expensive others cheaper or even free (I've never had much luck with the free options). So look around for imposition solutions for PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no idea what PDF imposition was until your comment and the website from your link is unclear. Here's a good explanation:

Also, the product you suggested is $1,200 -- prohibitively expensive for my purposes. Here's my very inexpensive work-around:

1. Using Adobe Acrobat, using the drop-down menu, I selected "View/Page Display/Two Page View".
  2. Used Acrobat's zoom feature to get the desired size.
  3. Used a screenshot tool (e.g. Snagit) to screenshot my desired view.
  4. Snagit has a "Save As" option to Export to PDF.

I realize my options for arranging pages are limited, but his worked for my small task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider this tool I've developed, which is at a much (much) lower price point: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Print Multiple Pages Per Sheet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting. I bookmarked your webpage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the topic is quite old I decided to add my 2c as there is a major issue with this approach.

At the 3rd step when you taking a screenshot - you convert vector graphics to raster. You do this at your screen DPI which is 70-90 depending on your screen, or maybe about 140 if you have a high-dpi screen (retina). Although it might work for your specific case, it is better to avoid such methods for quality reasons.

The right way is to use pdf imposition software, as been mentioned above. We make one which doesn't cost a fortune and let you do the job properly: Imposition Wizard - PDF Imposition Software, but consider doing a good imposition tools research yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect solution...it was the exact fix i needed.... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's an easy fix:

1) convert each page to a .jpg (file, export to, Image, .jpg)

2) open a blank Power Point presentation

3) insert the .pdf images of the pages into a singlc slide of the Power Point Presentation and adjust placment and size as needed.

4) Convert the Power Point presentation into a .pdf.

5) voila!  you have two .pdf's now on one .pdf page. 

6) adjust page size as needed with PreFlight tools in Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate this workaround, @wdhutchins. Thank you. Does this preserve active links in the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

teancum144 I did what you said but used the snip it tool and now I can do the inside and outside of Xmas cards in a jiffy!

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use photoshop elements - gets you better resolution, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand how an incorrect answer can be selected as a solution. 

I searched for over an hour online and found no solution with the Greatest Adobe PRO.

I know how to do it with Photoshop, but I expected Adobe to find a solution for 20 years.

Very disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines