• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Text Overlay to Video Clip?

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, So if I am showing a clip of my kids when they are 4 years old, I want to show a date to the viewers of my video while its playing.  Like, "2009" or something.

Can I overlay text on a clip somehow? 

The only way I am seeing to do this is by using titles, inserting a whole slide with the text I want to display.  Is this the only way?

Thanks!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also create a file in Photoshop Elements, save as a psd, png, or tiff, and place it on a track above the main video if you use expert mode in Premiere Elements.

The title or file properties can be keyframed to allow location, opacity or other effects to change over time, such as fading in or out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does keyframed mean? Could you please say these things in layman's terms? Otherwise, what's the use of responding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're responding to a pretty old thread, Cat.

But keyframing is a pretty basic concept in video editing. Understanding it is key to creating lots of special effects and animation.

Have a look at my basic keyframing tutorial to get you started.

Basic Motion Path Keyframing with Premiere Elements - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding text (or a date) to an upper video track with your slide below it on the timeline is kind of exactly how titles work, Gary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The easiest way is to add text using title, just go to Text menu - New Text - Default Text.

This will add a simple text and then you can change the font, color and other properties.

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you just want to add a simple text overlay, I'd use jpg format over a target layer. You can insert text or use psd, png, or tiff files, but the text title can be awkward to work with and psd, png, or tiff add more "weight" to a project. The jpg alternative has the drawback of not having a transparent layer, but they're easy to work with in conjunction with a lot of different graphic programs, including Photoshop Element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines