• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Module problem - not sure if it is printer or Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A3 prints, both bordered and borderless, the printing fads away at the very end of the image 3 or 4 mm, please note end of image, not paper, this does not happen when printing A4, I have the most up to date driver / software installed, as well as the up to date firmware, I print from the print module of Lightroom 6, all used to work ok, so this has been happening recently. The printer was purchased from T4 Witney on 30/11/2015, so is only just 12 months old. Thank you in advance for your help with this.

The problem only seems to be apparrent when printing from Lightroom

Printer is Canon Pima Pro 1

Lightroom is being run on MacBook Pro 15 OS Sierra 10-12-1

I have also sent this to Canon UK

Many thanks for any help,

Anthony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anthonym,

Have you tried updating the Lightroom to the latest update 6.8/2015.8, which was launched few days back.

Lightroom CC 2015.8 now available

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, My stand alone Lightroom 6 is up to date, and I have just checked again, and the update messages me that I have the latest version.

It is strange, the fad off is on the last edge coming from the printer, but is always on the edge of the image, if a border is set, and the edge of the paper if borderless, so it moves according to where the image is positioned, this only happens on A3, smaller prints on A4 are ok, so I think it is software, not the printer, Though I have carried out all maintenance jobs, from roller cleaning, ink jets, and the test prints are fine.

I would be pleased if you can resolve this for me,

Many thanks,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reset the Lightroom preferences back to default, by doing things all the settings move to default.

Refer:  Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now resolved the problem, and I thought you may wish to know how, if you read the e-mail I have posted below this message to Canon UK, you should be able to understand :

Dear Anja, (Canon Support UK).

I thought you may wish to know, after wasting a lot of paper and ink, and time, I have now resolved the problem, and the following information may help you with future support issues, should any of your users have a similar problem.

I felt sure this may be some kind of software issue, and it was quite by chance that on my MacBook Pro, I came across a utility called “ColourSync Utility”, this utility ran a verify scan of all of the “ICC” profiles, and it found 3 corrupt, and in need of repair, I ran the repair, and it repaired 2 of the 3 ICC profiles, but was not able to repair one which seems to be installed by Nikon, which I do not use anyway, the 2 it repaired was the third party paper, gloss and pearl by Harman, which I had already told you I used, anyway I have ran some prints off now with this ICC and paper as well as aCanon ICC with Canon paper, and all is well.

So to summerise, it was all about having currupt ICC files.

I have had a most frustrating time with this over the last month or so, but at least it is resolved now.

I think the Canon Pixma Pro 1 is a fantastic bit of kit by the way, and it produces fantastic quality prints

Thank you for your help, and I hope this will also help you and your support team.

Best Wishes,

Anthony

Anthony Morris

20 Mayfield Road,

Farmoor,

Oxford.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now resolved this issue myself, and for your information I have posted my e-mail to Canon Support UK below :

I thought you may wish to know, after wasting a lot of paper and ink, and time, I have now resolved the problem, and the following information may help you with future support issues, should any of your users have a similar problem.

I felt sure this may be some kind of software issue, and it was quite by chance that on my MacBook Pro, I came across a utility called “ColourSync Utility”, this utility ran a verify scan of all of the “ICC” profiles, and it found 3 corrupt, and in need of repair, I ran the repair, and it repaired 2 of the 3 ICC profiles, but was not able to repair one which seems to be installed by Nikon, which I do not use anyway, the 2 it repaired was the third party paper, gloss and pearl by Harman, which I had already told you I used, anyway I have ran some prints off now with this ICC and paper as well as a Canon ICC with Canon paper, and all is well.

I have had a most frustrating time with this over the last month or so, but at least it is resolved now.

I think the Canon Pixma Pro 1 is a fantastic bit of kit by the way, and it produces fantastic quality prints, when you do not have corrupt ICC profiles.

Thank you for your help, and I hope this will also help you and your support team.

Best Wishes,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now resolved this issue myself, and for your information I have posted my e-mail to Canon Support UK below :

I felt sure this may be some kind of software issue, and it was quite by chance that on my MacBook Pro, I came across a utility called “ColourSync Utility”, this utility ran a verify scan of all of the “ICC” profiles, and it found 3 corrupt, and in need of repair, I ran the repair, and it repaired 2 of the 3 ICC profiles, but was not able to repair one which seems to be installed by Nikon, which I do not use anyway, the 2 it repaired was the third party paper, gloss and pearl by Harman, which I had already told you I used, anyway I have ran some prints off now with this ICC and paper as well as a Canon ICC with Canon paper, and all is well.

I think the Canon Pixma Pro 1 is a fantastic bit of kit by the way, and it produces fantastic quality prints, when you do not have corrupt ICC profiles.

Best Wishes,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello anthonym,

Greetings,

Thank you so much for sharing the resolution, we really appreciate that and it really helped us to understand the actual cause of the problem and it would very helpful for other users as well.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Wishes,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines