Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking Quiz Score In Indesign

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Experts,

Currently am developing a courseware with some contents and a list of 10 MCQ questions (each question per page). How can i track the score and display it on last page?

From google i found an answer on creating MCQ questions in captivate and using overlay in indesign to display:

I tried to create the MCQ quiz using Captivate and published to HTML5. In Indesign, i drew a frame and choose web contents overlay. I pointed to the directory that stored my captivate html5 file. In preview, nothing happens.

Anyone can advise me?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Captivate is the answer, as you already know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is the answer, as you already know.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is not happening. Any idea where i did wrongly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to insert it into InDesign, and later export it, that is where it is breaking down. Can you not do the entire thing in Captivate?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that is because i had another requirement to meet. The courseware must be in .epub format as a final product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the final courseware be a PDF? Because you could do it as forms in a PDF. But that would require creating the forms in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a quiz with multiple choice questions in PDF and I need a total score at the end. How do I do that? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't want to use InDesign. You can try googling "HTML5 to Fixed-Layout EPUB" and check out the services available. However, I'm not sure if the quiz can still report an LMS or not.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client's requirement is to be in PDF. I checked online and could not find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is a four year old discussion. Please start a new one with full requirements but I will warn you...nothing has changed in the last four years. PDF is NOT the format for this.

I'm now locking this conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeslenechia wrote:

But it is not happening. Any idea where i did wrongly?

The web overlay only works with DPS/AEM Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, instead of Web overlay, why not use Insert HTML Snippet. I don't know if that will work, but it's different from what you did do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines