• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 13

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an iMac and an epson xp760 with Elements 13.

Problem with colour rendition.

FILE-PRINT-MORE OPTIONS COLOUR MANAGEMENT allows choice of photoshop manages colour or printer manages colour. Either selection gives a prompt of "making sure colour management is enabled/disabled in printer preferences."

Where do I find this. I cannot find an answer from FAQ, Epson or Google search. It is the only step I cannot complete before selecting PRINT which might explain some of the colour problem.

Screen is calibrated and the printer checks out fine.

Adobe on-line chat could not help and gave me this link instead.

Any help would be much appreciated.

CL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to the printer properties.  On my Windows 10 system, I can go to my printers by launching the Control Panel and then Devices & Printers .  then I right-Click on the printer I want to change and select Properties.  I get this screen:

2016-12-13_2331.png

However, I don't bother with all this and I normally let defaults decides what is best for me.

Hope you get the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but I am running a Mac desktop. I used Windows before and it is as you state but the equivalent with an apple is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher,

Please check if the following concerned help article resolves your query:

Color management settings for print in Photoshop Elements

Please get back if you still face any issue.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Arshia,

When I click on EDIT in elements 13, and then COLOUR SETTINGS, I only receive one box with options of:

No Colour Management

Always optimise colours for computer screens

Always optimise for printing

Allow me to choose.

Everything I have investigated states that there should be WORKING SPACES,COLOUR MANAGEMENT POLICIES.

Is this a driver problem or is it because it is an older version that came with my Mac computer?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to System Preferences .
  2. Select " Printer and scanners"
  3. select your printer.
  4. Here you should find COLOUR MANAGEMENT option of particular printer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, not. Talked with Epson yesterday and the latest printer driver is active.

I have downloaded all photoshop help I can find.

The only stage I cannot do is check that if I use “printer manages colour”, that I cannot confirm the important step of making sure that colour management is on in the printer driver.

The only options I have are OPEN PRINT QUEUE, OPTIONS AND SUPPLIES, SHARING PREFERENCES, DEFAULT PRINTER or DEFAULT PAPER SIZE.

It has to be hidden somewhere else.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines