4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2016 10:19 PM by gschryer

Can't upload book to Blurb or pdf

Don G. Powell

I keep getting error uploading when trying to upload a book to Blurb from LR.

• 2. Re: Can't upload book to Blurb or pdf
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi Don,

Which version of Lightroom do you have?

What is the error that you get while uploading book on blurb?

If possible, share a screenshot of the error message.

• 3. Re: Can't upload book to Blurb or pdf
            loris3500174

I cannot upload my book to blurb.  Through the book module to blurb I get a variety of messages.  "error uploading books cover." or "Error uploading books pages" or "error occurred while saving"

When I do PDF is uploads to my computer, but when trying to upload to Blurb I get "Preflight has deleted fatal problems with your PDF..."

I have tried maybe 20 times.  Shut down LR, computer, internet, etc and started over. 

I have spen 2 full days on the upload and no results.

Any suggestions!!!!

• 4. Re: Can't upload book to Blurb or pdf
              gschryer Level 1

I just updated to LR 6.8.

Have a book ready to go to Blurb and get "LR - An Error occurred while creating the book" This happens with the progress bar about a quarter through.

So I figured maybe memory/disk space problem. Backed up LR library, cleared caches, emptied recycle bin, updated LR to 6.8 (from 6.6).

Same problem.

So I figured I'd try to just to a print to PDF... I get a similar issue at the same point in progress "LR - An error occurred while saving the book".

Early on in the PDF saving process, the "[filename] cover.pdf" file does get created. it is still some processing time later, where I suspect its processing the remainder of the book that this error happens.

Somewhat urgent concern given xmas holiday printing / delivery deadlines.... please help!