• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New update for the acrobat reader for the iPad is the worst!

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the latest update to adobe acrobat reader for iPad I have had more than frequent crashes, weird shadowing of pages of documents and missing highlights. It is getting very difficult to use such a wonderful app, that was. Before the update.

Please fix bugs or help me roll back to previous version.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Question moved to the Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please could you describe the steps that you take when you get "weird shadowing of pages of documents"? Also can you tell more about "missing highlights": do you close your document, re-open it then you do not see the higlights? do you go to a different app after you highlighted your document then you return to your document in Acrobat and you do not see the highlights?

Can you describe what steps lead to a crash?

thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes surely.

Midway during a search, or during highlighting a piece of text, or during scrolling, the app crashes. Happens about once every 10-15 mins. Sometimes gets very frustrating Cos it takes about 30 seconds for the app to restart. Till then I am staring at a blank black screen.

When the app crashes and restarts, text that was highlighted initially vanishes and needs to be redone entirely all over again. text highlighted about a day previously stays but the text highlighted immediately before the crash is all gone.

Regarding shadowing of pages, the pages are of a different colour with one page looking grey inside of white compared to the rest which r normal. This is seen in about 1 page per 10-15 pages. When I zoom that page the colour returns to normal. Sometimes stays that way when I unzoom or reverts back to being greyed when I unzoom.

Productivity getting hurt. Kindly do something about this asap,

thanking you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the same crashing problem with all documents, or only with some specific documents?

thank you very much for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my PDF documents. Each of the files are upwards of 250 MB in size.

Every document having same issue. i am not the only one since a couple of my colleagues are facing the same issue post the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 16.12.15

problem persisting. Frequent crashes still on. Some pages getting abnormal shadows in grey.

Kindly have a look asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App crashes whenever I try to search a keyword or highlight something in a PDF. Very frequent crashes. Kindly check,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we are working on fixing the "grey shadow" problem.

We are trying to reproduce the crash while search, or highlight text in a document. Seems that the crash happens to specific documents. Unfortunately we were not successful in reproducing the crash consistently. Can you tell us if all your documents that cause the crash have different page sizes? This information might help us in our investigation.

thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No sir all the pages in the documents I have are of the same page size. And it is happening with all documents I have alike.

I am not exaggerating but the app crashes every 10 mins. And I am a heavy user of adobe for iPad. Have never experienced this before with adobe.

It happens when I search for keywords, highlight text or use scroll. After the crash the app shows a blank screen for an average of 15 seconds before I see the list of documents again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines