• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom 6 updates now won't open lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have lightroom 6 and ran the updates, now lightroom will not open. Error says to select a catalog, it won't select one or let me select one or create a new one. What do I do? Have I lost everything?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you have not lost anything.

Go to the Lightroom folder which contains your catalog (usually Pictures by default) and find the named file for your most recent catalog. It will have the suffix .lrcat

Double click on that file to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that but it will not launch. It doesn't do anything at all

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to re-install. Start by uninstalling LR6 then go to the link below and use the main download to install LR6.0

After installing LR6.0 download the LR6.8 update.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will I lose my pics and presets?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can find the Lightroom folder but it seems like it's empty so not sure how to uninstall and then re install

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't loose photos and presets by uninstalling. What computer and operating system are you using? Did you install in the standard default location e.g. Program Files on Windows or Applications on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the uninstall and reinstall and same problem happened with the update. I have stand alone 6 and I think its the CC that keeps giving me the error. I do not use lightroom CC. I have windows operating with a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to serialize the CC version to convert into LR6

Go to the Lightroom menu: Help > Sign Out <your email address>

Quit Lightroom

Relaunch Lightroom and click Sign In Now

Click the button - License This Software

Enter serial number – 24 digits starting 1160 & click Next

Lightroom will launch as LR6

N.B. never give your serial number in messages on public forums. You can find it in an email (purchased download version) or inside the packaging (disk version)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom -6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm confused. I've never had the CC version. Do I still need to follow those procedures if I've never had that

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You only need to follow that procedure if LR is operating as a trial (CC version) but not if you are able to enter the serial number after sign-in and clicking “Licence This Software”

Is the application actually installed at:

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Lightroom

If you can find the application inside the Adobe Lightroom folder double-click it to launch. Then use the menu:

File >> Open Recent

Choose a named catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines