• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying files to the music folder from an app or drive

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just starting to play around with Adobe Clip and I'm stuck on a couple of things. I want to import sound clips to add to video. When I choose the option to Select Soundtrack, the only thing available is the Adobe stock recordings.

• By Bronwyn Lewis - 12:32 PM on January 18, 2016  Hi Paul,Any audio file you want to use as a soundtrack in Premiere Clip must be in your music folder on your Android phone. Please note that at this time we support one “soundtrack”, so if you are adding a recorded audio track, you won’t be able to add a separate music track. If you have audio that is included as part of your recorded video clips, you can choose to have it play along with the musical soundtrack.If you are still having trouble, we can help you out on the forum.

According to this, Adobe Clip can only work with a file is if it can be found on the device Music folder. Wondering first off if that is still the case? If it is the case, Does that mean that Clip could use a sound recording if  you can get it into the device Music folder?

My greater difficulty is getting files to the Music file. I use the app Easy Voice Recorder. It saves files by default to a location in Storage/Internal Storage/Other. Is it possible to move the files to Music. I have also tried email the files to myself and saving to Drive. In both of those cases I  also can't figure out how to move the files to Music ( as may be obvious, I have only a basic understanding of my phone. Any help greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. I'm not that adept at moving files around it's true. But I think the main switching to mp3 solves everything for my needs. FYI I chose Hi-Q MP3 Recorder. Seems great so far, and easy to select Music for the destination, which seems to work well for Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android or iOS?  If Android, make sure it's MP3 and you can store it anywhere on the device and Clip will find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks for the answer. I'm on Android. The problem might be with my other third party app that I chose - Easy Voice Recorder. I like it a lot but I don't think it does MP3. MP3 seems like the way to go. Any recs for an audio app that supports mp3 and is easy and works well with Clip and Lightroom Mobile and Android? Or could I just convert files from Easy Voice Recorder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Easy Voice Recorder. It saves files by default to a location in Storage/Internal Storage/Other. Is it possible to move the files to Music." -- are you saying you cannot move a file on your phone? The phone should come with a file manager that has permissions to access internal and external media and move files around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. I'm not that adept at moving files around it's true. But I think the main switching to mp3 solves everything for my needs. FYI I chose Hi-Q MP3 Recorder. Seems great so far, and easy to select Music for the destination, which seems to work well for Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines