Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to move soundtrack

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am using Premier Elements 11 and, while editing a clip on the Timeline in Expert Mode, I realised I was unable to delete a soundtrack I had put there earlier - in fact, I can't even slide it backwards or forwards.

I have closed and relaunched the program to no avail.

The soundtrack does not exist in the same folder on my desktop as the .prel and .mpg files.

Thanks!

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a corrupted project file. What format is this audio clip and where did it come from?

Meantime, go to your Project Assets, select the music file there and delete it. You should get a warning that the clip is in use on your timeline and that deleting it in Project Assets will also delete it from your timeline -- which is exactly what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve

It's an MP3 file. I got it from YouTube - Beethoven: as stubborn as ever (joking).

I may have had other heavy software open at the same time (Visual Studio, which is a carthorse).

I have got rid of it now, many thanks.

I wanted to ask you about frame sizes, etc at some point, but will open another thread for that.

Happy Christmas.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please mark this question as correctly answered, Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines