• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to be able to perform 1 print job and cut my work in half.

Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send thousands of mailers every month and my current process is very inefficient and frustrating. I have PDF file of many of hundreds of pages that are all individualized to the person I am mailing.

I have a single separate page (common) that I need to put on the back of each of those pages.

I have to print the PDF file. Load the paper back in to the printer and print again adding the back page. I want to be able to perform 1 print job and cut my work in half.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe software are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First and most importantly, does your printer have the ability to print two-sided (duplex printing)?

If not, it sounds like you're already doing it the fastest way.

How is this giant PDF being generated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't own a duplex (multi-side) printer, you could take the common page to your copy center and have them put it on your paper stock.   Less where & tear on your printer, too.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use this tool I've developed to insert the cover page after each one of the original pages. Then just print the file and close it without saving it to return to the original state: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Insert One PDF File Into Another Multiple Times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines