Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Draw 'upload failed' when trying to save to Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do hope somebody can help.

I am working on a project in Adobe Draw. It has quite happily been saving back to the cloud and I can see the evidence of this in my assets folder, however, yesterday it has stopped saving back to the cloud. Every time I try - its takes a really long time, and then I get the error 'Upload Failed - Failed to copy to Creative Cloud. Please try again.' I have tried repeatedly and on different networks incase my home network was at fault. It still does not save.

This is a real problem as I have spent a long time on an illustration for a client - and I have no way of printing or saving the project if I cannot get it to save.

Running on an iPad Pro with system 10.0.1 and the very latest version of Draw.

Help - please!!!!

thanks

Roger M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Roger,

Darn. I was hoping it would start working. A couple of questions:

You didn't mention whether you logged in again to Adobe Creative Cloud. Did you? Same thing? Still no recent edits?

Also, I've not asked you how complex this drawing is. Is it multiple layers? Or complex layers? Does it have an image layer?

Do you use the Creative Cloud versions of our desktop apps? (I just wondered if you'd tried to send the work to the desktop)

Since I can't get anyone from the product team until tomorrow, I'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger,

This doesn't solve the problem of why it won't sync, but are you able to save it as a PDF to your Creative Cloud files? Open the drawing, as if you're going to make changes (you should see all your drawing tools) and tap the Share icon in the upper nav. Send to Creative Cloud Files as PDF will be one of the options.

Let me know if that works for you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

thanks for both replies. I've already tried saving to PDF but get the same error message. I've also checked my storage and have plenty of room left, so it's not that. I see from Daniellas's reply that she has the same problem as I, and strangely enough-on the same day as my error started.

think I may need to speak to adobe also to see if any ideas. One option I have is to complete the picture and take a screen shot in the hope I get fair resolution print. I need to get this commission on dhl to the client now-thanks to the Royal Mail strike planned from the weekend.

any other ideas other than deleting the app &a reinstalling, that's kind of a last resort as guess I'll loose the picture.

is there any way to save the image from draw to the photo libruary on the iPad?

thanks for your advise. Rog 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger.

Quick question... Do you have anything other than letters or numbers in the title of your project?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

no, the project name is just the word 'drawings'.

regards

Rog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger,

A couple of things:

* You're using a wifi connection, right? If you are, In the app, tap on Go to Settings > Preferences and make sure Use Cellular for Sync is toggled off.

* Then, also in Settings tap on My Account (it's the field with your name and email addy). There should be a status message about Sync there. What does that say?
* After you check those, can you try renaming your project (something other than drawings) then log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud and see if that change syncs.

Let me know what you find. Oh... and don't uninstall the app; let's see if we can figure this out.

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept re-trying, but I keep getting the same message that the sync is failing. The status bar says all files synced, but it doesn't show up in my library as a psd. It's only showing up in my creative cloud under the mobile projects. I also don't even have the option to turn cellular for sync off because I'm on an iPad that is not capable of cell data. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danielle.

Are you using the Creative Cloud versions of our desktop apps?

Also, and I asked Roger, are there any unusual characters in the title of your project?

Also, since you can see your art in Mobile Creations, can share your drawing with me? If you've never done it before, it's a pretty simple process:

Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/ with your Adobe ID

Navigate to Assets/Files/Mobile Creations/Draw and select the project to share

Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link

At this point, you can choose to send the link to an email address. You can direct message it to me here on the forums or send it through the in-app feedback.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

i really appreciate your help. I am also using an ipad that is wifi only-but will check all of these things.

Will advise later how it's going. I have noticed that I have several drawings under each project, I can name each project, but not the individual pages within each project, not sure if this is a problem.

thanks again and good luck to Danielle also.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger.

Yes. That's right. You can only name projects. Not drawings.

When projects aren't syncing, the default response is that it's a network issue. I would like  you to try signing out and back in to the app, but I want to make sure that your work is saved first because I don't want you to lose your most recent edits.

So, yes, please let me know how things are going.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sue,

I have checked the preferences in the app-there is no option for turning cellular data on or off as my pro is not cellular.

I have checked the status message about sync in My Account, this states: Sync in progress. There is a little spinning wheel under the projects title at the top left of the screen, however when I go back into the specific drawing-the upload wheel is not spinning. Do you think something is 'stuck'?

I have changed the project name, then logged into my creative cloud app on my pro and looked at the files tab. There is no recently saved projects with the new name I have used. Strangely enough, several screen shots are available here that I have taken today/yesterday of this current project.

Do you want me to sign out and back in on the draw app now or is there anything else you want me to try first.  Thanks Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger.

Yes. If the app is saying "Sync in Progress," and I suspect it's been happening for a couple of days, it definitely sounds like it's hanging in that state.

Usually the best way to "reset" it is to sign out of the app and sign back in but first try force-quitting and relaunching the app (double tap the home button; a list off apps shows up; scroll over to Draw and swipe up on it; that should force-quit the app). If that doesn't work try signing out.

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue,

i have been been continuing to draw the drawing I can't get to save as on such a tight deadline, if I force quit the app or signing in/out will I loose the unsaved data?

if so-I may wait until I have finished it so I can take a screen shot & use that for my commission, too much has been done unsaved for me to do it all again.

really appreciate your help.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger.

In theory the app should save all your changes to your device until you're over a wifi connection then it should sync them. So, no you shouldn't lose any of your work.

I just tried a couple of fast force-quits and I was unable to get my edits to "disappear." They all saved.

But if it were me, I don't think I would take that chance with a commissioned piece, when I was almost done with it. I would finish it. Save some version of it. Then I would do what it took to get the app "unstuck."

Quick question: How "old" is the version you can see in your Mobile Creations on assets.adobe.com?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

the last saved version in my assets is the 12/12/16,

think i I will do as suggested, just to be safe, and complete the commission first, screen shot it, and then quit the app to see if it will save once rebooted.

I will let you know in the next couple of days how I got on. Big thanks for your support on this.

cheers

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger.

Definitely let me know how things are going. It sounds like you are, but just be sure to take screenshots as you go.

When you're ready, try the force-quit first; it usually works. But if it does't sign out/back in. Don't uninstall the app.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

so i finished my commission and took several screen shots.

I then force quit the app, it restarted when opened again and hadn't lost any data thankfully.

I tried to save the drawing back to the cloud, it failed again.

Next I logged out of all my Adobe apps, force quit Draw again, and then restarted it, logged back in, it hadn't lost any data. I tried to save back to the cloud again, but it failed to save.

I have repeated the process several times with no change.

I have checked my account status, and it still states: sync in progress.

I did check this the first time I reopen the app after force quitting and it states: all files synced, this will then change to 'sync in progress' after it fails to save.

Any more ideas?

thanks

Rog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try rebooting your device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, yes this is something I have repeatedly tried but thanks for the suggestion.

regards

Rog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger,

Darn. I was hoping it would start working. A couple of questions:

You didn't mention whether you logged in again to Adobe Creative Cloud. Did you? Same thing? Still no recent edits?

Also, I've not asked you how complex this drawing is. Is it multiple layers? Or complex layers? Does it have an image layer?

Do you use the Creative Cloud versions of our desktop apps? (I just wondered if you'd tried to send the work to the desktop)

Since I can't get anyone from the product team until tomorrow, I'd like you to try one more thing:

Force-quit every app you have open on your iPad the same way you quit Draw (just in case something's running in the background that you aren't aware of).

Then, restart your device.

Relaunch Draw and create a super simple drawing in a new project. Something with just a shape or two.

After it saves to your device log in to Adobe Creative Cloud  and see if it's synced to the web site.

I may need you to create a temporary password so the team can log into your account to see if we can get the work to sync on our end but let me know what happens when you try a new project.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

I had logged out of all my Creative Cloud mobile apps - but then logged back in again to the Creative Cloud & Draw.

I now cannot seam to log out of Draw though - it appears to be stuck in 'syncing'.

I have tried doing a simple project of just a few lines - this will not save back to the cloud either.

The original drawing had about 8 layers & 2 image layers. I made a copy of the project and flattened the drawing into one layer & no image layers - this still will not save back to the cloud.

When I have force quite the Draw mobile app (using on an iPad pro) - I see at the bottom of the screen a small banner that still has the Draw icon in it. When you tap on this - it starts the program up again. I have never seen this before on the force quit screen when closing apps. I opened another app (unrelated to Draw) and quit that through the force quite screen - this didn't leave a small banner at the bottom of the screen. From this - i think the Draw app may be stuck open - and even force quitting it - is not actually quitting the program. If you need to see a screen shot of this to help explain it - please let me know how i can get this to you.

Thanks - please don't give up on me.

I have printed off the screen shots and they are good enough for me to use for my commission - but I really need to get the app saving again for future work.

Regards

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Roger,

I've emailed you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO,

did this issue ever get resolved?  I am having the same problem.  Very frustrating.  the thread said that the question has been answered, but I have tried everything mentioned in the thread and no luck yet.  If you could help me out I would really appreciate it.  Thank you so much! 

-Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Sorry the app isn't syncing. Since "not syncing" seems to be a bit different for everyone, can you tell me a little more specifically what's happening for you?

Also a few questions:

What device are you on and what version of the operating system?

What version of Draw are you using?

When you log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud how much of the work that's on your device seems to be "not synced" to Creative Cloud?

Have you tried force-quitting the app? Have you tried signing out and back in?

Please let me know and we'll go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

device: Ipad Air running 10.2

Adobe draw version 4.0.2

My creative cloud seems to be keeping up with my mobile device in terms of "mobile creations" so the tablet and the creative cloud seem to be communicating.  What is NOT working is exporting a mobile creation as a pdf or psd  file.  When I am working on a drawing if i go up to the "share" button and then select "upload to creative cloud as pdf" or "upload to creative cloud as psd"  neither option gives me any results.  I get the twirling circle as it is trying to upload and then eventually a message that reads "upload failed, please try again"  I have checked all ipad wifi settings, tried multiple networks, I have plenty of space in my CC account,   I have restarted my device several times, logged in and out of draw several times and I dont know what else to try so I ended up here and it looks like others are having simillar issues starting around the same time mine did.  I would love it if you could help me out!  I would be happy to pm you my email adress if you would rather communicate that way, however since others are experiencing the same issue it might be nice to figure it out on the forum.  let me know!  I have project deadlines on the 15th and would really like to get this sorted well before then.

thank you so much for helping me out and for the speedy initial response !!!!

p.s. the drawings I am trying to upload are single layer single color drawings.  WHat is interesting is that older drawings   what is interesting is that older (even more complex drawings) that i have created in the past seem to upload just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines