• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change something in my character for a new scene without affecting the old scenes that I already recorded and saved?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm new to Character Animator. I tried to make a scene for a video. This is what I did and I didn't understand what happened.

1. I did record the first scene with the puppet i createdI wanted.

2. I did want to add something else to my puppet, so I did add what i wanted in Illustrator.

3. I did save the changes in Illustrator, and then I did another scene with the new changes of my puppet.

Here is what It happened. the new scene and the old scene changed with the changes of the puppet.

How can I change something in my character for a new scene without affecting the old scenes that I already recorded and saved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CH references everything. So if you change the master artwork, that's going to change everything, even recordings - you're editing the source file it's using to power all of that.

In your case I would create different versions of the puppet and import & rig them separately. Character_v1.psd, Charater_v2.psd, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You very much for the answer. I didn't know that. I was frustrated because all the scenes that i had already import to Premiere Pro changed too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines