• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sample filename error during import

Participant ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached screenshot, it should be self explanatory.  This started failing after the last update. I use this feature a lot because I always like to verify the proposed filename before transferring hundreds, or thousands of shots. It used to show a sample name based on the highlighted shot.  Now, no matter what I do, it is either showing blank, or what you see underlined.  For this template it should show: shootname/YY/Julian/sequence/suffix (specifically BCOA163497819.nef)

LRbug2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

This problem and another one related to RENAME are discussed here.  Metatags in Filename Template Editor only insert at the end instead of at cursor.      See my post #5 with a link to a post like yours.  Rikk Flohr said he couldn't reproduce this problem In post #6 so you may want to post directly to him in the above linked thread as he seems to be able to get things done and has been very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all the templates have this display problem, or just your custom template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ManiacJoe wrote:

Do all the templates have this display problem, or just your custom template?

I can reproduce this problem.  See my post #2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the templates exhibit this problem. The "sample" is either blank or "untitled".  I should add that the actual import DOES result in the desired file names --after a leap of faith.  I use this particular naming template a lot.  But this makes it difficult to verify new templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem and another one related to RENAME are discussed here.  Metatags in Filename Template Editor only insert at the end instead of at cursor.      See my post #5 with a link to a post like yours.  Rikk Flohr said he couldn't reproduce this problem In post #6 so you may want to post directly to him in the above linked thread as he seems to be able to get things done and has been very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Addition to my original post:  This affects only the "sample" name, not my imported result.  In other words if I execute the import, the filename is what I asked for.  The only means of verification is to actually import a single photo first to ensure the template is correct (that's what I'm doing as a workaround).

Also, it is easy for me to reproduce because I cant seem to get it to behave correctly no matter what template I select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines