• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Narration track function in Premiere Elements 13

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I used the "Narration"  function to record a narration track for a video. Unfortunately, I cannot hear the narration track when I play it back in the Quick or Expert setting. But when I move the Narration track to "Soundtrack" or "Audio 2" tracks in the timeline, I can hear my narration. I can't figure out why. It's as if the Narration track is somehow muted. Any suggestions? I amusing an LG PC running Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Just to confirm, are you saying that all other audio tracks play fine EXCEPT the narration track?

And that, if you move the narration clip to another track, it plays fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you record with a USB microphone? If so, try unplugging the microphone from your computer.

Sometimes, when you plug a USB microphone into a computer, the computer switches both recording input and playback output to the USB rather than your speakers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve - I am recording with a cheapy 1/8" in desktop mic.

I did actually try unplugging it. But that didn't seem to make a difference on the playback. Like I say, if I pull the narration track to Soundtrack or Audio 2 channels, it plays back fine. Just can't figure out why I can hear nothing when it is left in the Narration track where it was first recorded.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rj52847757 wrote:

...... Like I say, if I pull the narration track to Soundtrack or Audio 2 channels, it plays back fine. Just can't figure out why I can hear nothing when it is left in the Narration track where it was first recorded.

There used to be an active participant here named Bill Hunt.  He answered a few questions like this with the suggestion that the Narration track be moved to a different audio track.  It was never explained why that fixed the issue, but it did. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, are you saying that all other audio tracks play fine EXCEPT the narration track?

And that, if you move the narration clip to another track, it plays fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, Steve. I record the narration. I can see it in the narration track, but can't gear it on playback. When I move that audio track from Narration to Soundtrack or Audio 2, it miraculously plays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure you haven't muted the narration track?

One way to test this is to open a new project, record narration to the narration track and see if it plays back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines