• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4k and after effects PC Build

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building my first PC. Any suggestions on my part list? Will this run 4k and after effects pretty well without too much bottlenecks? Am I missing any components or do you see any compatible issues? Could I make this $400-600 and still stay close to similar power and have a balanced pc. Should I run my OS and programs (after effects, etc.) on the 950 pro, and run my project files, scratch disc, and media cache on the 850 evo, and my media files on the wd 1tb? I think for the cooler I might use a Noctuna d15 instead of dark rock pro. Ill take any tips and all tips. I guess aside from the partlist Im most concerned on actually putting it together. Thanks.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/y9dFm8

Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/y9dFm8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($379.99 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($80.88 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($296.20 @ B&H)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($189.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($94.75 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($187.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.78 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card ($449.99 @ Best Buy)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.88 @ OutletPC)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($128.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $2077.32

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-13 21:25 EST-0500

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

for drive setup, the most common right now is two drives. one for os/apps and the other for media. a hdd can be used for archiving old/finished projects. to cut costs you could either look at two cheaper sata ssd's like the sk hynix sl308 250gb+500gb or a single 960 evo 500gb m.2 ssd to hold everything (os/apps/media). the sk hynix ssd's are new but getting very good reviews for performance, and is a decent brand known for making ram.

switching these parts can cut close to $400

cpu cooler: cryorig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$400 to $600 cheaper* then my current budget I meant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for drive setup, the most common right now is two drives. one for os/apps and the other for media. a hdd can be used for archiving old/finished projects. to cut costs you could either look at two cheaper sata ssd's like the sk hynix sl308 250gb+500gb or a single 960 evo 500gb m.2 ssd to hold everything (os/apps/media). the sk hynix ssd's are new but getting very good reviews for performance, and is a decent brand known for making ram.

switching these parts can cut close to $400

cpu cooler: cryorig h5 cooler - wont be as good for overclocking. if overclocking might look at the noctua d15S

motherboard: asus x99-a II

drives: sk hynix sl308 250gb + 500gb, 1tb hdd

gpu: gtx 1060 6gb - this is generic recommended card for 4k with premiere and the intel 6 core cpu...

case: cheaper case from fractal define, corsair, nzxt, or cooler master could cut around $30. fractal define r5 is good

psu: an upgrade to corsair rmx 850w adds about $10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. Ill check out those ssd by sk. Should I store my source footage aka media files on to the 1tb hdd and then just import them into the adobe project file. Or should the media files be on the same ssd as the project file that im importing them into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the media files for the current project should be on the ssd with the project file. if your projects have media larger than 500gb then you would have to consider a larger ssd or raid-0 ssd's. if that's too expensive then place the project file on the os/apps ssd and a larger hdd or even raid-0 hdd's to hold media. you would have to consider the bitrate of the media and if using multiple layers like multi-cam, as its possible if using very high bitrate/raw media that hdd's would be too slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.....as Ronin says, the speed of the drive that contains your video files is most important....a single, spinning 7200rpm HDD can no longer do the job...it is too slow. You must use the much faster SSDs for editing and even exporting. Any spinning HDDs should be relegated for archiving and backup use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines