Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) now available on Windows 10

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce that the first public beta release of XD for Windows 10 is now available for download. At the same time, we’re also releasing our 9th beta release for Mac, as well as significant updates to our mobile apps for iOS and Android – more information on those releases here.

We know that many of you have been waiting patiently for XD on Windows 10. Today represents the first step in bringing you an end-to-end solution for UX design that is tailor-made for Windows 10, delivered as Adobe’s first Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application.

Just like we did for macOS earlier in the year, we’re starting with a high quality, high performance release that introduces a subset of the intended feature set. Each month we’ll be delivering updated versions of XD for Windows 10 and adding in new capabilities.

For more info, see Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) now available on Windows 10 | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been waiting for this quite some time, unfortunately I cannot use it since AVG says it is not safe to open this program because it contains a virus.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @erik_np-

We're looking into this. We virus scan everything we post, so we highly doubt we actually have a virus in the package. It's likely that AVG is looking too broadly for a signature that a virus might mimic. I'm working with our engineering team to try to replicate this using AVG virus scan, and if it looks like it's a problem with the definition, will work with our security team to reach out to AVG to get this fixed.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up with this, which version of AVG are you using? We used the most recent free version available on their website, and it came back with no virus reported.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using AVG Business Edition, version 3556, database 4477/13595 (december 15th 2016). I still get this warning after updating my definitions.

The problem is that because it is installed in the WindowsApps folder I cannot get access to it to scan it myself with VirusTotal or some other AntiVirus program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Did you manage to take ownership of that WindowsApps folder following the link i've sent you?

Do you need more details?

Thanks,

Remzi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry no that didn't work. Probably due to a corporate policy that prevents users from getting access to this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We ran a Virustotal analysis/scan on the file (link below). The issue is most likely with AVG and we're working with them to solve this.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ab8d9d07c42f85ab7b4d299df2f79a1b4be04799de7368a5c22494266cbbfd87/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There

I'm trying to install adobexd in windows10 (I've check already my current version is up to date) i can't find the adobexd in cc app list. I've tried many ways to troubleshoot this issue but it seems like a hopeless. does anybody have any ideas regarding this?can't find the adobeXd in cc app list !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. It doesn't appear on my CC's apps list. Could this be because I do not have the Anniversary Update of Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need Anniversary Update to be able to install and run Adobe XD.

Please see FAQ page:

Windows support for Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks Preran for this great announcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if you guys could put a tutorial in the Windows version, like you did on the Mac. It would definetly turn the software more friendly to new people. It was one of the things that actually got me into it! DAT Tutorial XD

By the way, where can i say that project felix isnt running on my windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Felix is also not running on mine btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can log bugs for Project Felix here Project Felix: Feature Requests & Bugs

After we are done with discussing the current list of issues, I am going to lock this discussion. Please create separate posts for issues or questions that you have around this release. It will help other users readily access relevant threads on this forum.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on the AVG issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working with our security team to escalate to AVG, but these additions to the virus definitions can take a little bit of time. However, we've tried both the business edition and the free edition on our machines, and XD scans clean in both of those on our systems. As Remzi pointed out, we've also run two other major virus scanners and have, again, come up clean.

At this point in time, I feel confident in saying that this was a false positive on your side, but we're following up on our side to make sure.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, mplentzbr-

You can find the Win10 tutorials here:

Adobe XD design app for Windows 10 | Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) tutorials

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link Elaine,

It was actually a suggestion, since that feature was very helpfull being

inside the software on the Mac and it gave a hint opn how to start using

the software even being offline.

2016-12-16 16:27 GMT-02:00 elainecc <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

You have been mentioned

by elainecc

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/elainecc?et=notification.mention> *in

Re: Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) now available on Windows 10 in Adobe

Community* - View elainecc's reference to you

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9207614?et=notification.mention#9207614>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! We actually have the Welcome screen coming in a future release. In the meantime, the tutorial can be accessed through the hamburger menu > Help menu.

tutorial.png

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Elaine.

I am locking this discussion.

If anyone here has additional questions, please create a separate post to get them addressed. That will help other users with a similar issue get to them readily.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines