• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I fix mysterious text behaviour

Enthusiast ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I have created a number of websites using Muse but the 2017 edition has given me a few headaches.  I have noticed, as has my client, that typed material behaves strangely.  My problem is that I do not know how to fix it and would appreciate some help.  I attach screen snips to illustrate this particular problem.

On the Muse page, my type is OK, the menu items each have an identifying number but in some cases the number either moves to a different part of the text or changes color or doesn't appear at all.

The site is based upon a fluid width but with various breakpoints as fixed width.  Fig 1 shows the numeral 1 placed before the meal description in Muse.  Other figures show various Chrome appearances at differing breakpoints. I have been obliged to upload the site because of Christmas menu details and it can be viewed at, http://www.dokmali-swinton.com

Muse.PNGchrome.420.PNGchrome.760.PNGchrome.1300.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your font styles are missing... what program made that site and where is it hosted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Website is made using Adobe Muse 2017 release. It is hosted in the UK with Vidahost,com. No font styles were set as each of the pages on the site were treated individually.

Hope this answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so test your site on Adobe BC or build it with wordpress

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input but it's not quite the advice I was seeking. The site has been on BC for a couple of weeks now as http://newsite401.businesscatalyst.com. It is now live on dokmali-swinton.com as listed above.

Your suggestion about WordPress is indeed a probable solution but why would I want to go that route as I am paying £50 a month for the use of Adobe Products - besides, I am not aware that WordPress is an Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Wordpress is a template system designed to make standardized web designs so people don't have to learn as much code but it needs alot of back end to make it work and the result is that wordpress only plays nice with wordpress... Your host platform is wordpress so thats why I suggest it as an option.

• No Adobe does not own (as far as I know) wordpress and I certainly don't work for Adobe or recommend wordpress as a superior product but just as an option that some people find easy to learn.

Moving forward; if you want to stay with Adobe Muse then I recommend you post a copy of the .muse file in a dropbox with url link here so people can try to debug it for you... Just the bit with the text errors in it will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your continued interest.I will eventually get round to WordPress but as I began this website in October and my client is visiting me today I was hoping to have an answer to the text problem. I don't have Dropbox but I do have Hightail. The Muse file is too large to send by normal email.

I will undoubtedly get round to WordPress but as I began this website in October and my client is visiting me today I was hoping to have an answer to the text problem.

The Muse file is too large to send by normal email.

I have already sent the Muse file to an Adobe adviser but I haven't as yet had a reply. I don't have Dropbox but I do have Hightail. The Muse file is too large to send by normal email.

Kindly let me have an email address to which I I can send the Muse file and I will post a copy forthwith!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

brushwipe wrote:

The Muse file is too large to send by normal email.

I have already sent the Muse file to an Adobe adviser but I haven't as yet had a reply. I don't have Dropbox but I do have Hightail. The Muse file is too large to send by normal email.

Kindly let me have an email address to which I I can send the Muse file and I will post a copy forthwith!.

post it as part of your Adobe Cloud then just put a link here

see this for 'How too' Can't see 'Create Public Link' option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines