Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigator Window Blank and Import Not Working in LR 2015.8

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2016-12-14 22.11.14.jpg

Since I updated to this version, my Navigator window is blank and the system hangs if I select Import.  I've created a new default library and reset all settings, but still the same.  I've done a clean install 3 times to no avail.

Running Windows 10 64 Bit up to date.

Please help me get back my Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

It's worth to try restoring Lr preferences to default following Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6 after you backup your catalog.

This is a known issue on  Mac OS sierra when switching to develop module but haven't been reported on Windows OS.Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Family Customer Commun…

Also, post your Lighroom>Help>System info here.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marks,

Please follow the steps below and try reproducing this issue.

• Open Preferences>Performance Uncheck "Use graphics Processor" and then try importing.See Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ 
  • Remove all external devices connected to your computer such as hard disk, USB drive,Phone,Tablet and then import.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disconnected everything except the mouse and keyboard and followed the troubleshooting suggestions, but still the same.  It does eventually complete the import dialogue, but it takes 15 minutes for each step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please optimize your Lightroom catalog from  File>Optimize catalog and if that does not help create a new catalog to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy.  As it happens, I had to a complete system install due to a hard drive issue and after that, I'm still having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's worth to try restoring Lr preferences to default following Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6 after you backup your catalog.

This is a known issue on  Mac OS sierra when switching to develop module but haven't been reported on Windows OS.Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa...

Also, post your Lighroom>Help>System info here.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines