Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Import word 2016 into RoboHelp 2015

Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have few question question regarding importing word 2016 document into RoboHelp 2015:

1. Is RoboHelp 2015 Support importing the word 2016 Documents (64 bit)?

2. Can RoboHelp 2015 work with any MS Word Version(2013-2016) 32 bit ?

3. From one of the forums, we understood that RoboHelp 2015 supports only word 32 bit version  -

a)What is the patch we need if we continue working on 64 bit version of  Word 2016?

b)How soon in future we see RoboHelp 2015 Compatible with Word 2016(64 bit) assuming everyone is on 64 bit software these days?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple question is whether RoboHelp 2015 will work with the 32 bit versions you specified - yes.

The problem with 64 bit versions is at the Microsoft end. On their site they recommend using 32 bit versions for compatibility with other software, not just RoboHelp but any third party software. With that said, I do believe someone at Adobe told me that RoboHelp 2015 does now work with 64 bit Word. Have you tried and it has failed or are you just doing some research? Let me know and I will make further enquiries.

I wouldn't assume that everyone is using 64 bit software. Indeed many companies are still happily trundling along on 32 bit hardware until kit needs to be replaced.

Having

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I use RoboHelp 2015 and Word 2016  64 bit. I tried importing the Word 2016 document into RoboHelp but I getting the error which says "The Import Word Document wizard cannot locate a supported version of Microsoft Word. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer".

Can you please suggest parallel ways to import Word 2016 document into RoboHelp 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be on the safe side, have you updated RoboHelp to the most recent service release?

Click this link to watch a video demonstrating how to do this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post back when you have checked the patches as suggested by Rick. If you are still having a problem I will check with Adobe.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick ,

I am using the trial version RoboHelp 2015. Still did not find any patches to import word2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can and should patch the trial. Just apply Patch 4 as that includes all

others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please elaborate what do you mean by patch the trial and where is patch 4? and what is patch 4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A patch was issued that included the ability to work with Word 2016, rather than a patch specifically for that purpose.

Apply Patch 4 and you will have all the updates that have been issued. Click Updates as shown below.

Update.png

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my RoboHelp 2015 (12.0.0.306) as you mentioned, but still I am unable to import word 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.0.4.460 is the updated version. If you are seeing 12.0.0.306 then the patch did not get applied.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my RoboHelp(12.0.0.306) , I am getting the message "Your applications are all up-to-date as checked: less than a minute ago". But still it shows the version as 12.0.0.306.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have the standard installation path, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2015\RoboHTML. Right click the RoboHTML.exe file and select Properties. What version does the Details tab show? If it is not 12.0.4.460 then for some reason the patch is not applying.

Do you have admin rights on the PC?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Details tab, it shows the version as "12.0.0.306".

Yes, I have admin rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After applying the update, do you get a message to confirm it has been applied or has not been applied?

I have seen instances where the Help shows the wrong date when a patch has been applied but it was rare and several versions back.

Are you in a corporate environment? If you are, get an IT admin to log in and try.

Is RoboHelp installed to the default path?

Could you import prior to installing Word 2016?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my RoboHelp  , I am getting the pop-up message "Your applications are all up-to-date as checked: less than a minute ago". But still it shows the version as 12.0.0.306.

Yes, I am in corporate environment. I tried updating RoboHelp after log in, still issue exists.

yes Robohelp is installed on the default path.

word 2016 is installed is prior to RoboHelp,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I'm not clear as to whether this update was done by you or an IT Admin. Did you install RoboHelp 2015 or was that done by IT?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue but it is with RoboHelp Version 11. I just had the user install the 11.0.4 update patch to see if that will fix it and they continue to have the problems. We are also using Microsoft Word 2016 32-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboHelp 11 is not compatible. See Compatible versions of OS and MS Word with RoboHelp

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp