• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the "paragraph rules" in paragraph styles be customized?

Engaged ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC on a Mac. I want to add rules above paragraphs. I know how to do that using "paragraph rules" in paragraph styles. However: I don't really care for the options that are available. Can I add some lines/shapes of my own design to the list of choices under "types"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

You can definitely add custom rules. And there are some easter eggs (hidden features) like feet, and a rainbow. I wrote up a series of four posts on how to add and use custom rules. See if these first two are helpful:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you can customize, but you could set up a para style with your custom shapes and set a line of that before each instance where you want the para rules. You could stick your line of objects in a library and grab them whenever you want. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can definitely add custom rules. And there are some easter eggs (hidden features) like feet, and a rainbow. I wrote up a series of four posts on how to add and use custom rules. See if these first two are helpful:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feet! I won't use it it, but it did make me laugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, right? Pretty funny! Might be a good time for the string of holiday lights, though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been very enlightening. Thanks. I added Rocky Mountain Training to my website’s Resources page:

http://www.bookdesignmadesimple.com/resources/ <http://www.bookdesignmadesimple.com/resources/>

Glenna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines