• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged Projects and CHM questions

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this issue yesterday when I was modifying the font style for my master and sub-projects. This turns out to be an issue whenever I make any changes to a sub-project. When I make a change to a sub-project, I then recompile the sub-project and then the master project. Nevertheless, when I view the project, although the merged sub-project appears in the TOC and the content is there, the changes aren't reflected. In order to get the changes to appear, I have to delete the CHM sub-project's file from the Microsoft_HTML_Help folder in the master project, delete then recreate the merge link in the master project's TOC and recompile to finally see the changes. Am I going to have to do this each time I make a change to a sub-project, or is there a way to fetch an updated file from the sub-project into the main project when I recompile?

Also, I've been reviewing the projects created by my predecessor and notice that the CHMs are contained in the !CHM! folder. Whenever I create a new HTML Help project, my CHM files are stored in !SSL!/Microsoft_HTML_Help. I'm sure that the older projects were created with HTML Help and am at a loss as to why my projects don't create a !CHM! folder. Incidently, when I look in those older projects, there is a !SSL! folder present, but when I open it, the folder is empty.

Thanks in advance for any responses and assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2008 Jul 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tripwire!

Your entire first paragraph applies to my situation also (that's right, folks, yet another problem with my new "project").

any takers?

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 01, 2008 Aug 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the target output paths might not be all the same; check them out. Althought the default path provided by RH is !SSL!/Microsoft_HTML_Help, you can change that to anything you want.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2008 Aug 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, MergeThis:

that's it ... copy the output path in the Primary project (Single Source Layout form), paste it into the same box in each of the Merged projects...

thanx,
Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp