• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right-click menu missing "combine files to pdf" option Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed recently that the option to "combine files in to pdf" is no longer available in the right-click menu for any document. Our IT department has done repair installs, re-installs and still they are not able to get it to show up in the right click menu. Has this option been removed by Adobe or could it be an install issue on my computer?  I have had the Acrobat XI Pro program for almost 2 years now on the computer I am using and just noticed this within the last month.

[Moved from Comments forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Well the program prompt you sent did not work, they tried to insert it and it took it without any error codes, but it still was not showing up in the right click menu. They were able to figure out that when the "shell"? (sorry I don't know what they mean by that) was loading  it had only enabled 3 of the 5 options for installing. Once they had figured that out, they went back in and enabled the functions that were not selected and it was able to show up on the right click menu. Sorry about not h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you running?  It might help track down a solution.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on an Intel Core i7 processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a routine that is supposed to re-register the .dll file that provides the right-click context menu for Acrobat.  But the source was not specific as to what version of Windows it refers.  It only calls it "64 bit".  And since my right-click menu is showing properly, I cannot test is to see if it works or not.  With that said, here is the routine:

Open up a command prompt window and type (might require admin rights):

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenu64.dll"

Include the quote marks.  Folks have reported this to work for them - I just can't confirm that it will work on Win 10 Pro.

I hope this works for you!

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will forward this to my IT folks and I will let you know if it works for s. Thank you very much for your help Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a customized installation location, adjust the command parameters to match that location.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the program prompt you sent did not work, they tried to insert it and it took it without any error codes, but it still was not showing up in the right click menu. They were able to figure out that when the "shell"? (sorry I don't know what they mean by that) was loading  it had only enabled 3 of the 5 options for installing. Once they had figured that out, they went back in and enabled the functions that were not selected and it was able to show up on the right click menu. Sorry about not having the technical knowledge to pass along the fix they did, i know enough about computers to really mess it up if I try to fix something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working now - terrific!  Glad to have provided some prompts toward the solution.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the funny thing. Same problem. Tried the different solutions but none seemed to work. BUT when I went to combine files and used the right-click menu, the menu item was invisible but you could still combine by clicking on the white space! Voila. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me; Win10 Pro, ProXI and 2017 Pro.  

XI Pro: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenuShim64.dll"

2017 Pro:  regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenuShim64.dll"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know the issue has been solved, but just to synthesize a solution I would like to share a simple solution which can be stated as follows:

1) Issue (what): when right click pdf file in windows folder, adobe acrobat options are absent (such as combine folders, etc.);
2) Cause (one possibility): when new windows user is created after progam is already installed, chosen options can cause not all configurations to be the same between all users of the same machine (pc, laptop, etc.)
3) Technical description (why): adobe acrobat context menu elements are not explicitly included as part of windows regitry;

4) Solution (my experience): add adobe's context menu elemntes to registry via windows' powershell ISE;
5) Step by step:
      - i) go to adobe acrobat folder (for adobe acrobat pro XI, path will be something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\";

- ii) find and access Adobe "Elements" folder (its name will be something like "Elements" or "Acrobat Elements");

- iii) while holding the keyboard "Shift" button, right click on the dll file about Adobe's Context Menu, called "ContextMenuShim64.dll", and then select the windows context menu option called "copy as path" (its name can be a little different, which I don't really know because I don't use the english language on windows);

- iv) click on the windows taskbar search bar on the bottom left part of the screen, type "powershell ise" and, when the app show up, right click on it and select "run as administrator";

- v) to add Adobe's Context Menu options to windows' registry related to the right click context menu, type: regsvr32 and press "Ctrl+V" on keyboard to add the path to the dll file (using my path as example, before pressing finishing the command your prompt will show: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenuShim64.dll");

- vi) press Enter and drop the mic on them fools who will be looking at you like you knew at you were doing all along.

Peace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines