• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ipad LR as first step of workflow (import from sd), can sync to LR on a laptop without internet connection?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to LR mobile, previous workflow pure LR on PC. Just bought ipad pro and sd to lightning adapter, thinking of ipad as a more portable device for initial editing when packing lighter is beneficial. question is if i do this, can i still have LR PC at the end of workflow if i am without internet connection?

One example i have in mind is as follows: if im in a remote location with limited internet connection and want to use my laptop for some final editing, but may go on a multiday trek where its preferable to only pack an ipad and i'd import and review images say at night in the tent, but want to sync back to laptop when i return, but am still in location limited speed internet. Any way to sync imported images directly back to laptop say over direct wifi or bluetooth?

Another example would be if i am on a boat (liveaboard) and have zero internet, any way to use ipad to import from sd card (figure the sorting and deleting is more comfortable on a sofa on a touchscreen) while being able to sync back to LR on my laptop for edits?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it syncs via the internet - there's no way to change this.

Those new pictures first go into the iOS camera roll, and LrM then bring copies into LrM. So you could import the camera roll copies directly onto the laptop by wire or local wifi - but these will be duplicate files, not the copies brought into LrM. Could get messy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not having Point-to-Point transfer to/from the Tablet to/from the PC makes Lightroom Mobile almost useless for me and the OP for field use.   For now I import directly from camera via usb to the iPad for first round selection in Photos App of keepers only and use Photosync on the iPad and iMac to transfer the files via WiFi.  All devices are 802.11ac wireless so the transfer is EXTREMELY FAST.  Maybe someday Lightroom Mobile will include PTP transfer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines