Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Schriftdarstellung im ePub Fixed Layout fehlerhaft

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo liebe Alle,

beim Export eines Fixed-LayOut-ePubs aus indd CC "zerschießt" es mir die Schriften – sie sehen komplett anders aus und verschieben sich auch total. Ich habe Typekit-Schriften verwendet, die für Print und Web geeignet sein sollen. Was mach ich noch falsch? Wisst Ihr was?

Danke für Hinweise vlG

Michaela

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you viewing the EPUB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1-indd.PNGM2-epub.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First from indd, second from ePub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of ADE? Make sure you're update to 4.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is 4.5. Downloaded it only today (to my new computer) originally from the Adobe page ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get any alerts or error messages when exporting the EPUB?

Also, try testing it on Readium and iBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No alerts or error messages referring to fonts or anything -- only to a few missing pictures. This can't affect the fonts ...

iBooks shows the same poor result.

Is there anything I must not do never-ever in regards of text when designing an InDesign file meant for ePub export?

Thanks, by the way, for your hints so far ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried different fonts ... Happens with all of them. (Sorry ...)

Actually it should work like that, shouldn't it? => Use TypeKit fonts that are suitable for print and web application and just export the file? I wonder if I missed any important detail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work, yes. But without seeing the files it's impossible to fully analyze what's happening here.

Does it happen to any other text or just this? What if you don't rotate it? Does it look okay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happens to other text, too. And other fonts. More or less to all that I used in this document.

I did not rotate it. That's how it comes up right when you open the ePub file.

The InDesign file was not built by myself but by someone else, and not very professionally. I tried to adapt it afap, but maybe there are some hidden flaws in the background. I wonder whether this could have consequences like that.

Did anyone else report this error yet? I think in former releases it occurred. But with the 2017 release I did not expect things like that any more. Everything seemed to be adjusted perfect by now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of -- am I allowed to alter the tracking? Or could that cause problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve done some work with this and it’s been nearly perfect.

As an experiment, try uploading the document to Publish Online. If it works there it should be okay in the EPUB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to upload the document (for copyright reasons, since I'm not the holder).

I know it's difficult if not impossible to locate an error without seeing the file. Thanks very much for your efforts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font are you using? Try Source Sans Pro. That usually works but may not be what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with Blockhead, LFT Etica, Caslon ... They all don't work properly.

Thanks for your hint – I'll try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think you should try uploading to Publish Online to check it.

Check it and then delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm gonna try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines