• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom - Non-CC Version Updates

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that Adobe is adding updates and new features to the CC version only.  This is troubling since I have the non-cc version.

Come-on Adobe, lets's support all the LR users, I'm glad to see that Macphun Luninar will be giving you a good run for the money.

I just feel Adobe is forcing users to purchase to CC version.

Bad move.

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that Adobe is adding updates and new features to the CC version only.

Adobe has updates for Lightroom 6 that include new camera support, new lens support and bug fixes. The new features will not be in the Lightroom 6 updates, because that's the way Adobe stated it would work (and there are legal reasons as well).

I just feel Adobe is forcing users to purchase to CC version.

I don't think the word "force" means what you think it means. You have a choice. You are not forced to do anything. You can choose Lightroom 6 and get a certain set of features; or you can choose CC and get additional features; or you can use another manufacturer's software. These are choices, nothing is being forced on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe forced is to strong of a word, howe, I don't agree with you.  If a manufacturer comEs out with an update to their product, it should  ale it available for on all  platforms.

This is like LR updating features  for Window users, and not Macs, i just don't userderstand  the logic, other then they want you to move to cc.

sorry, I still think the long term goal is to move everyone to cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe forced is to strong of a word, howe, I don't agree with you.  If a manufacturer comEs out with an update to their product, it should  ale it available for on all  platforms.

Well, you're entitled to that opinion, but that's not the way Adobe said it would work, and that's not the way it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I think you are one of the many persons who like to get all for free. You would pay for one version and get then new features for free. Software development is a cost-intensiv work and Adobe isn't a welfare center.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tpiorkowski wrote:

sorry, I still think the long term goal is to move everyone to cc.

It may very well be that Adobe's long term goal is for a subscription-only product. However, that is currently not the case.

One of the big driving factors in the stand-alone product getting no new features is the changes in the US tax laws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it REALLY necessary to go through all of this again? There are more features in Lightroom CC because people are willing to pay for those features. If you purchase Lightroom 6 then you get what Lightroom 6 has to offer. This subject has been beaten to death. You really can't add any more to it. You can't change it. It's the way it is.

When/if Lightroom 7 is released it will "probably" include the features that Lightroom CC users have been getting periodically. But it will be paid upgrade, not free. So maybe Lightroom 6 users will have saved a little money. But they have voiced a lot of frustration and they haven't had the use of Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines