• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Metadata

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything in the metadata is there EXCEPT when importing the large caption field is missing, all the description, captions that were added, HELP please!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain the problem in more detail, what "large caption field"? What are you importing? What steps did you follow?

Also please state clearly the version NUMBER of your Lightroom, go to Help->System Info in Lightroom and report the version number shown there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

using Lightroom CC 2015.7

in the metadata field in the dropdown box where it is large cation.That is where I put my cations in.

When I import back to lightroom all the info that was typed in didn’t transfer, all the other field are there

Randee Daddona

[Personal info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you shouldn't be importing "back to Lightroom", that's never a good thing.

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Can you explain why you are doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export out from Lightroom and send to an external hard drive, I need those pictures again so I import back to lightroom but my captions are missing, everything else is there.

Randee Daddona

(631) 765-0506

(516) 770-7263 cell

www.randeedaddona.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

randeed19332181 wrote:

When I export out from Lightroom and send to an external hard drive, I need those pictures again so I import back to lightroom but my captions are missing, everything else is there.

You shouldn't put your phone number in a public forum like this.

Importing photos a second time is NEVER a good thing to do. Why are you doing this?

Why not just leave the photos in Lightroom? Then there is no need to re-import, and your captions won't get lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The caption field is filled out by me and if I export it and import it to another computer that caption field with what I have filled out doesn't show the info

I know it's confusing:(

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

randeed19332181 wrote:

if I export it and import it to another computer

This is probably not a good thing.

Please state what your goals are here and the step by step process you are currently using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines