Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exported video to facebook/twitter blurry

Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently exported two sports videos to facebook & twitter and the first 12 seconds are blurry...clears up after that. Approx 40 sec clips. Video is not blurry in Elements 14, only after I export and only for first 12 seconds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what is this video's format and resolution?

What Export & Share setting did you select when you uploaded to Facebook?

When you look under the Edit menu in Premiere Elements, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. I just recently bought your book (guide to 14). I'm not very tech savvy, just a mom who produces videos for our sports teams. I've done numerous lengthy (50-60 minute) detailed videos and never had a problem with blurry video...but I generally burn to DVD's and give to parents. I've also put clips on YouTube (several years) and never had this particular problem. It is only now that I am exporting directly from Premiere elements 14 to Facebook. At any rate, I am enjoying your book and learning how to use more of 14's features. Here are the answers (again- remember I'm not at all a tech geek, just persistent and love capturing ad editing video-so i may be dumb with my answers).

Premiere Elements 14-Windows 10

Sony HD Camcorder HDR-CX210

Export Setting? HD 720 1280x720

General: HDV 1080i frame size 1440 1080

Could this perhaps just be a facebook issue? I've also posted the same clips on twitter and there doesn't seem to be a blurry issue at the beginning of the clip. The difference is I've posted from the saved video on my computer, not directly from Elements 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction, there is some blurriness on twitter, but only when viewed on a mobile device and not on a desktop. Apparently this is "normal" according to my son when viewing sports clips on a phone on Twitter...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camcorder shoots in variety of resolutions. What resolution is the video you're shooting?

Are you outputting your video as an MP4 and manually uploading it to YouTube -- or are you using the YouTube uploadeer build into Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooting in Standard HQ. For YouTube I have always used the uploader built into PE. I prefer using YouTube to post my videos- I've never had an issue- but the generation who are my subjects like to have the video pop up in a social media news feed and not have to click on a YouTube link for viewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your camcorder is set up to shoot standard definition, your video is going to look blurry on YouTube -- especially if you watch it full-screen.

Standard definition video is only 640x480 pixels in size, while a computer monitor is typically 1280x1024 -- over four times that resolution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thanks. My choices for shooting are Highest Quality, High Quality, Standard and Long Time. Which would you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about clips in my timeline. Perhaps I should start another thread? To summarize, I add entire basketball games through the Add Media-files/folders from hard drive. Drag these onto the timeline, I clip out short highlights, rename them (say Tom, Bob, Joe) so I can easily see which player later. I basically just "store" these clips on the timeline as I continue to bring in more footage and edit. Is there a way to put these edited clips back into a project assets folder named accordingly (Tom, Bob, Joe.) PE allows me to create a new folder in PA but I cannot drag copy cut or paste anything into? Unless I'm doing it wrong? Storing the clips on the timeline is fine for a big final project but If I want to do just a short version of "Tom's" clips, without losing all the editing work I don't know how to do that. Hopefully there's a simple solution I'm completely missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maryv34315075 wrote:

Ok, Thanks. My choices for shooting are Highest Quality, High Quality, Standard and Long Time. Which would you suggest?

Highest Quality FX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should shoot in 1920x1080 and edit in a project that matches that resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines