• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Character Animator CC Beta

Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this is not the correct location for Character Animator questions, or if discussing Beta products is strictly forbidden. Not sure how it works here.

Anyway, my puppet has one eye that's half constructed and one eye that's mostly constructed. The half constructed eye can animate to the mouse, but not to the camera. The fully constructed eye can animate to the camera, but not the mouse.

Could anyone please explain why they don't both animate to both? I can upload my work in progress if required.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Thanks!

Try this example: https://adobe.ly/2hEz2wj. I just made a basic placeholder extra eyeball and blink layers but you'll see the structure I used.

The main reason things we're working correctly is because the eyes weren't set up exactly as you'd ideally want. You want Right Eye and Left Eye groups, and then have Left/Right pupil, blink, and eyeballs inside them, each layer or group named in a very specific way. There is also a bug where stuff doesn't work as well if you only have one eye - th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably just a tagging or structure issue. Yes please - can you upload on Google Drive / Dropbox / Creative Cloud / etc and we'll take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I was just watching your tutorial. Good tutorial by the way. Wouldn't have got this far without it.

Here it is Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I'm sure it is, but it's a very odd issue that the mouse but not camera works on one eye, but the camera and not mouse works on the other. Just the fact that that error is even possible means I must've fundamentally misunderstood something critical about how this software works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Try this example: https://adobe.ly/2hEz2wj. I just made a basic placeholder extra eyeball and blink layers but you'll see the structure I used.

The main reason things we're working correctly is because the eyes weren't set up exactly as you'd ideally want. You want Right Eye and Left Eye groups, and then have Left/Right pupil, blink, and eyeballs inside them, each layer or group named in a very specific way. There is also a bug where stuff doesn't work as well if you only have one eye - that will be fixed in the next release to the joy of cyclopses everywhere.

The eyebrows seemed to work okay for me, maybe the restructuring helped? I believe the structure and size of the eyes below can play into the eyebrow calculations if I remember correctly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'getEvaulator' of undefined Error code: (engine.js:394)"

I'm guessing that 'getEvaluator' was intended instead of 'getEvaulator'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I decided to try and work around that error, making my puppet myself based on yours without invoking the error that yours did. And... whatever error I got before, I can't replicate it. Good news I guess. Maybe it was patched in an update I didn't realise I installed. I dunno. Anyway, now that that error is gone I can really admire the work you put into the example. Exactly what I needed to get unstuck and hopefully finish this puppet. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may seem strange, but it seems that pupils follow the X behaviour of their bounding boxes correctly, but follow the Y behaviour of their alternate bounding box. An easy bug to miss, given that pupils generally mirror each other on the Y plane. To replicate this error, make a puppet with two eyes of different heights and sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing this on my end - can you export and share an updated puppet file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but the file that had this error was updated and eventually became the file I'm showing in the other thread. However, once I get the pupils contained, I'll try to replicate the error. If I can't, we'll just assume that the error was on my part, not the program's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, while you're looking at it, could you explain to me why one eyebrow goes higher than the other? I thought I coded them identical, and the camera dots don't look that far different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines