• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar background image

Advisor ,
Oct 11, 2006 Oct 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing a toolbar background image, but I can't figure out how to get it not to repeat. Its width is about 70% of the toolbar, and it's repeating once in the toolbar and again in the mini-toolbar that I had suppressed with Rick's tip.

Any ideas?

Leon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 11, 2006 Oct 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon,

Look in whskin_mbars.htm (minibar) in the WebHelp output folder.

You'll see two places where it calls for the image, the same one as in whskin_tbars.htm (main toolbar). You didn't ask RH to put it in mbars, but there it is.

Remove the background image from mbars. Usually, when I republish the project, RH leaves this one alone.

As for the background image repeating in the main toolbar, you should widen the image with white, or color, or blank space, or whatever. It doesn't force the browser to expand. Make it wider than you expect the browser to be expanded by a user.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you're right about widening the image; I'll try it and report back.

Thx,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2008 Aug 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large did you size the image to in the main toolbar? I have been playing with this forever and either its too big and doesnt display the entire image or it repeats!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to design it so the image is about 1200 or 1500 px wide, but the right side is background or fadeaway.

The length depends on how wide you expect your users to set their windows

Then it will not repeat, and the bar fills up to the width of the browser window.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so does an image with a border on the right side will not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harvey's right, but we actually went wider (1729), effectively eliminating the right-side fadeaway, because I was tired of testing width after width to get it right.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2008 Aug 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Another technique is to use a shorter image ending with a solid color at the right, no border. Use the same color for the toolbar background.

I think the background color will fill up the entire toolbar, and the image will overlay it from the left side, but it won't repeat.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp