• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Processing raw photos from Canon 80d

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom 4 to process my raw photos from my Canon 60d with great results.  I have recently bought a Canon 80d and Lightroom 4 does not recognize the raw format but is fine with jpeg. I tried updates and apparently my Lightroom is up to date.  I have seen several posts with similar problems. Is there a solution?          A. Baldock

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

The 80d is supported by Lightroom 6.5 as the earliest. So you need to upgrade to LR 6 or LR CC to get native support within Lightroom. You can also download the free DNG converter from Adobe and convert your 80D raw files to dng. Those will work in Lightroom 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 80d is supported by Lightroom 6.5 as the earliest. So you need to upgrade to LR 6 or LR CC to get native support within Lightroom. You can also download the free DNG converter from Adobe and convert your 80D raw files to dng. Those will work in Lightroom 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I have the same problem. Except I have only just subscribed to the CC Photographer's package, so my version of Lightroom is the current one - at least, it tells me that it is - 2015.8, with Camera Raw 9.8.

Lightroom refuses to recognise my .CR2 files, although Bridge, Camera RAW, and Photoshop are all perfectly happy with them.

What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an offending .cr2 file somewhere so we can examine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded the free DNG converter and that solved the problem-the files can now be processed in Lightroom 4 but the better solution is to upgrade Lightroom because there have been many improvements.  I just thought that a CR2 file was universal so was surprised when I could process files from the Canon 60D, but CR2 files from the 80D could not be recognized.  Thank you for the information--at least now I can back to processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jao points out, you need a software update to 6.5 or newer.

Because you are using really old software, one question that is going to come up is whether or not your computer can run the current version of Lightroom. For Windows, you need to make sure you are using a 64-bit OS. For Macs, it is a bit more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines